Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Any thought given to making Disarm/Trip Foe Maneuvers "Base"
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:43 pm 

I know this was brought up when the system came out. I heard that these maneuvers were marked as "Advanced" so they could not be combined with other maneuvers since knocking someone "prone" was such a harsh punishment.

However, it appears there are a lot of ways for spells and such to knock people prone these days. In addition, I've noticed that "Shield Slam" (A tier I shield trick) is a "Base" maneuver that has been combined with things like Sweeping Strike, in order to knock a lot of targets prone.

I was just mainly throwing this out there as a possible change to allow Trip Foe or Disarm Foe to become "Base" maneuvers after a certain number of ranks in Melee (Similar to how some other maneuvers do that).

Any thoughts?

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Any thought given to making Disarm/Trip Foe Maneuvers "B
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:20 pm 

John don't you dare be hatin on Delbert's signature move :P

I regard the disarm and trip foe to be very similar to the default two weapon fighting stuff, its uncombinable until you take the tricks/ feats that support it.

--

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:23 pm 

Trip Foe and Disarm Foe are never combinable as they are both Advanced Maneuvers. I'm not hating on Delbert's move. I just always envisioned doing the same thing with a whip. A year ago I was told they really limited tripping due to the way it proliferated in 3.5 but I find there's a lot of ways for other maneuvers and spells to knock folks prone and may be combined.

I don't want shield slam changed, I'd just like the other options to be on par.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:48 am 

Grandmaster ... poach "shield slam" and add it to your whip.

Eisener is stealing Edge of the Shield for his bastard sword. I want the push 5. I call it Bell Ringer and be live its going to be great with Sweeping Strike. :D

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:03 am 

Well to use Grand Master to do it, I first have to have the Shield Training. If I have the shield training, I can just use the shield to do it :)

I'd really just like the ability to trip with whips and whip-like weapons as a Base Maneuver someday :)

John

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey