Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thanks for great Arcanicon!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:32 pm 

Tony and everyone on the staff,

Thank you for a great convention and some great gaming. I did have a good time even though I was not particularly delighted with the last half hour or so, but I have started working on turning both my new found flaw and curse into lemonade.

I was totally impressed with the depth of detail on the Vault and the amount of work that you and the entire staff put into this event.

Thank you, and if I was a bit abrupt in discussing some unpleasant events at the end of the BI, please accept my apology. A great weekend and set of adventures.

Jeff Boyce
Lord Arion Val-Tensen
Templar of Hurrian
Chastened by Hurrian

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Thanks for great Arcanicon!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:43 pm 

Jeff
Glad you enjoyed most of the BI, considering I was your judge :) We were doing some talking today about the curse and how there are lots of cool things you can still do with the 12 ticks you have (Challenge, Defending, etc.) I hope that you are able to make some great lemonade, as I've found the coolest stories seem to come from hardships characters face.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:08 pm 

Let me also offer my thanks to Tony, and everyone involved! Nicole and I had a great time and are very glad to have attended. She's interested in adding more mods in before Origins we'll just have to see when.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:36 pm 

John,

You were a great judge and I want to thank you for your time and energy in refereeing us. Thank you so much.

(IC) As a Templar of Hurrian, I have come to the conclusion that Hurrian scourged me. The disfigurement is because I presumed to wear His Mask when I have not yet earned that right. The cursed weapon is because I have lost sight of His call. I took up the oaths of Templar because of the corruption within the Milandir church and particularly the Hurrianic order. That templars of Hurrian could do some of the things they did in the early days of the crusade speaks of a spiritual corruption that has taken hold. I have allowed myself to become distracted from that call to cleanse the church and to return its focus to defending and protecting the innocent. I now have a constant reminder (and perhaps companion) as to the mission Hurrian has sent me. I pray that I am worthy of His chatisement and that I can be obedient to Hurrian's direction.

(OC) I think I leveled so I can take the talents I need to make the sword effective. I am looking forward to getting the cert so I can really start building my character around Tyrfang.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:28 am 

Jeff
That sounds like a perfect and very flavorful way to do it. I look forward to running you again!

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:32 am 

I also want to thank the folks that did all the work for this convention/event.

I thought the hotel was great. Rooms were nice and close to the gaming area. The attached restaurant had good food at good prices and awesome staff. So thanks for finding the location (Melinda?)

The scope of what Tony put together was kinda staggering. Thanks for being willing to undertake such a design.

Thanks to Matt for all the work on rules and stat portions. Your work may not be visible to everyone, but its very much appreciated.

Thanks to Josh for his work before and during the con on what seemed to be all sort of organization tasks. You do a fine job marshaling people into table groups. Pickle.

Thanks to the folks who helped out during the Delve: Lucas, Kitty, Ken, (did I miss anyone?!) and of course Matt and Tony. Having that many helpers seemed to work very well and probably was about the right number.

Also thanks to the folks who agreed to run tables of a 16 hour event. It seemed like a massive amount of information to be familiar with, and it was a long day running a bunch of anxious, tired, excited, frustrated, emotional players (you know, the usual crowd).

Thank you Henry and Joe for writing the two other interesting events for Friday. I liked them both.

I thought the opening of the Vault did some nice things to move the story options of the campaign forward and look forward to what happens because of the effort. My character is convinced that a fair number of things should have been left buried/sealed/unfound.

and
~ Sestia Gracchi, of Grand Coryan

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:26 am 

frzntundra4 wrote:
I thought the opening of the Vault did some nice things to move the story options of the campaign forward and look forward to what happens because of the effort. My character is convinced that a fair number of things should have been left buried/sealed/unfound.

Glad you had a good time! And what fun would it be if things better left buried stayed buried? :)

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:56 pm 

Oh and thank you for the map work, which I heard you were involved with, John.

Hope I did not miss anyone for thanks, but if so, someone please make sure they get recognized!

As far as to what should have stayed down there.....I'm having trouble listing things that should not have stayed entombed ;)

and
~ Sestia Gracchi, of Grand Coryan

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:00 pm 

frzntundra4 wrote:
<snip>As far as to what should have stayed down there.....I'm having trouble listing things that should not have stayed entombed ;)

Oh, come on Rick. I think most of the things found on Level 5 (the floor we started on) were just fine coming out. Now below that it seemed like the deeper you went the more it should have stayed buried. ;)

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:15 pm 

Thanks to all the judges and staff and helpers for a great Arcanicon. Thanks to all the players who put up with my manic self. and special hugs for my BD's buddies. I had a good time and went home happy but tired.

Peter

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next