Last visit was: It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Gladius of Light and Incorporeal
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:49 am 

End story: Gladius of Light need to be errataed to mention incorporeal creatures of those specific types.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:06 pm 

I think my reading was a bit loose, in that I took the phrase in Incorporeal Creatures of "Mundane weapons deal only half damage, whereas runes and spells, which specifically target them deal full damage. " to mean "If the spell or rune targets the creature type with the Incorporeal Trait". Therefore, if you had a Spell vs. Demons and encountered an Incorporeal Demon, that your spell would do full damage, regardless of whether the spell mentioned "Incorporeal Demons".

If that was the intent of Incorporeal, then a clarification of the phrase in Incorporeal should be made to that effect. If the intent is that the Spell must specially target "Incorporeal" creatures, then an errata is needed as mentioned by the others.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:17 pm 

Harliquinn wrote:
I think my reading was a bit loose, in that I took the phrase in Incorporeal Creatures of "Mundane weapons deal only half damage, whereas runes and spells, which specifically target them deal full damage. " to mean "If the spell or rune targets the creature type with the Incorporeal Trait". Therefore, if you had a Spell vs. Demons and encountered an Incorporeal Demon, that your spell would do full damage, regardless of whether the spell mentioned "Incorporeal Demons".

If that was the intent of Incorporeal, then a clarification of the phrase in Incorporeal should be made to that effect. If the intent is that the Spell must specially target "Incorporeal" creatures, then an errata is needed as mentioned by the others.

John

I read it as for full damage a spell or effect has to mention incorporeal and not just the creatures base type.

Would a rune of hatred val effect a val with an incorporeal spell up?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:19 pm 

Deviknyte wrote:
Harliquinn wrote:

John

I read it as for full damage a spell or effect has to mention incorporeal and not just the creatures base type.

Would a rune of hatred val effect a val with an incorporeal spell up?

That is how I initially read it, but I don't know if that was the intent. If it wasn't the intent, then I agree some errata is needed for Gladius to include Incorporeal.

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2