Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: rulings , informal agreement
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:42 am 

John B

1 its not possible to get rudimentary prayers during character creation is it?

2 its not likely to get an official answer, thats why this document exists in the first place

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:08 am 

Under Heirloom. I have a follow up question regarding the Wand.... I'll accept that wand's are not weapons and are not allowed until there is an official rules change. But what about Rune Staffs since they are both weapons and wands?

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:17 am 

Added the text for advanced spells from the community ruling we had come to on the old boards and reposted.

added info about herb use

@ Eric, ill add runestaves in like wands , but if you want to debate it please start another thread

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:33 am 

No need for debate. There is far more to be gained from getting agreement on these rules issues than endlessly debating them. I just needed clarification.

Thanks Josh!

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:22 am 

SamhainIA wrote:
John B

1 its not possible to get rudimentary prayers during character creation is it?

2 its not likely to get an official answer, thats why this document exists in the first place

1) Not sure but I don't think so. Who knows in the future, just covering bases. If you're going from the general Pedro ruling "No spellcasting" to specifics ("These talents") I'd just include them for completeness.

2) Fair enough. I don't have anything to offer new in a PM. You've asked the question and there was about an equal split of both schools of thought, so there wasn't an informal agreement. I think it's premature to list only one opinion as the "Agreement". If your goal is to have guidelines for GM's across the board, it needs to be fairly represented.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:31 am 

the goal is to have one answer not fair representation, specifically not "this or that", and I'm usually going to pick the more restrictive answer if its not clear.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 am 

SamhainIA wrote:
the goal is to have one answer not fair representation, specifically not "this or that", and I'm usually going to pick the more restrictive answer if its not clear.

That's fine if you are picking the answers. If the option is then "Follow Josh's answer or don't" that's cool too, I will pick and choose as needed and no debate is needed.

Thanks,

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:10 pm 

and john you are just going to avoid the entire purpose of the project, to prevent all of the individual judges from picking and choosing what ever rules they like, and thus providing an uncertain inconsistent playing field

Its not Josh's answer, its the community's majority OR if there isnt a majority, the more restrictive answer.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:15 pm 

SamhainIA wrote:
and john you are just going to avoid the entire purpose of the project, to prevent all of the individual judges from picking and choosing what ever rules they like, and thus providing an uncertain inconsistent playing field

You've just stated that you are using the answers you feel are more restrictive even if that's no consensus amongst the judges. I don't agree with that approach. If you're not interested in presenting the 'majority' rules or in the case of very close discussions, then the document is not going to provide consistent playing field and becomes "Josh's way to adjudicate"

I'm perfectly fine with adhering to 'rulings' that are in majority agreement on the boards by GM's and encourage it (Which is a large part of the document and I commend you for putting it together). I'm not fine with you choosing the ruling you want to use when there's a clear division and saying "This is how we should all do it."

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:25 pm 

Enemy of My Enemy already has a +3 Discipline vs further castings so I'm assuming the intended change is that Thrall is counted as the "same" spell?

I think there's some errors in the Advanced Spell examples.
  • 15' cone and 10' Radius should be 10' cone (not 15' cone).
  • 15' cone and 10' arc should be 10' cone (not 10' arc).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next