Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "keep me logged in" randomly functions
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:22 pm 

Every time I login, I always make sure the "keep me logged in" checked. However, it seems to randomly forget this and require me to login again. It wouldn't be a big deal except if it happens when I follow a link about a new post from an email, it puts me back at the top of the thread/page and not on the post I wanted to look at.

This is using latest Chrome with all first-party cookies enabled (but third-party cookies blocked).

Is anyone else having this problem?

Any ideas?

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: "keep me logged in" randomly functions
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:26 pm 

I use Chrome both at work and at home. At work, it keeps me logged in, at home it doesn't. I think the issue is with the settings of the browser, and not with the website.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:32 pm 

It's entirely possible. I've just never had this problem with any other sites. I also find it odd that it works most of the time and doesn't seem to have a consistent "failure" condition (eg doesn't matter last time I looked at forums or anything else I can figure out).

Any ideas what settings would be affecting it? It can't be third-party cookies being blocked as that would cause it to fail all the time (unless they only use third-party cookies some of the time which would be odd).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:21 pm 

I'm using Chrome when I browse the forums as well. And what I've noticed is that when it fails (by clicking on a link in the update e-mail) it consistently fails on that link.

ex. If I'm following two threads, A and B. And someone updates each of the threads, I'll receive 2 e-mails. I might be able to click on the hyperlink in the one about Thread A and get to the first post that I have not read. But maybe when I click on the link about Thread B it requires me to log in. so I log in and I'm back at the forums main page. So I go back to the tab with my e-mail in it and click on the link again and bam! I need to log in again. Repeat as desired. (but if I go back to the e-mail about thread A, that link will still work normally.)

I don't know why this happens, but it appears to be specific to a particular thread or maybe a specific post.

Hopefully that will help someone identify the problem. (Not a big problem. It happens to me about once a week or so, I guess. It's annoying, but nothing serious.)

Scott

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:10 pm 

Similar problem here, but the work computer is still using IE7.0 through a really annoying firewall and 'echo terminal' system, so it may fix with out current IT refresh.

I don't have any problems at home with Firefox, although the page load times are reaaaaaallllly loooooooooonngggggggg (work load time is seconds, but it keeps kicking the login details).

Offline Profile