Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pack Dynamics (Werewolf players)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:00 pm 

Figured since the old forums are dead and gone, this would be a good chance to try to get to know my brothers (and sisters?) now that we have our cert. Thus far, I've had the pleasure to meet John (TPO Nicholas) , but there are four others out there. Want to chime in and say hello?

Paul Baughman

(Since I have a Saint's name myself--two actually--I'm going with the unoriginal Saint name of Paul for my character as well)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Pack Dynamics (Werewolf players)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:24 pm 

This is probably a question for Henry (though someone else may know):

How old are we? I wasn't sure if the two decades later implied since our birth or since Maria and Peter left. Since we're all the same age (as well as the same age as the two NPCs), thought I better get an official answer as we're working on back stories.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:51 pm 

I was thinking about 25 or so based upon the story, but an official answer would be good too.

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:40 am 

Ever get the idea we're alone, John? Our poor siblings got lost :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:55 am 

We should starting howling and get their attention in the wilderness. I did spend some time getting Nicholas stat'ed out. Based upon anticipated rewards and the costs of things, it seems like raising as many abilities at character generation is the key.

I was curious, by chance are you considering taking "Damned" flaw with your werewolf? It seemed flavorful to me.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:08 am 

I've contemplated it, simply for the flavor. It sort of represents struggling against your inner demons.

I'm curious how the characters differentiate from one another, given a shared starting point. What Background are you looking at for Nicolas (sp? Wasn't sure which spelling you use, so went with the most common French one there)? Did you already buy Greater Talent: Lupine Heritage? Which Power did you take from it? (I *really* wish we could buy them all :))

We all have the same Order and Catalyst, so it's these other steps that may differentiate us.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:10 am 

Nicholas actually, though we were found in the French Countryside, I'm going with German / Bavarian Nationality (Since it wasn't specified explicitly another way) having been raised by the Stalkers in that part of the continent.

First things, we automatically start with the Lupine Heritage Talent. As long as you meet the prerequisites (or buy them) you automatically get your Catalyst's talent. Since we meet the prerequisite of having the Catalyst Werewolf.

Second, as to the background, it's a little odd as you said, since we were all 'raised' similarly and I don't know exactly how long we have been on our own. I am assuming there will be enough freedom to detail a background that fits for each of us. Part of my choice was mechanical (since backgrounds play such an important part of character generation, I can't afford to just pick one that offers no skills/talents that I'd want for my role), and part was story based.

His overall concept is that as an orphan he has taken a particular interest in protecting children (as per his name sake). When he started his own path, he took on jobs which suited his personality (hot-headed but courageous) and ones in which his Chilling Presence wouldn't be a detriment: Enforcer (Thug background). It also let him travel and gain insight into the workings of society (for which he was very curious). His size and manners served him well in this capacity but he always had 2 rules: He would not cause harm to a child or to a mother. On one of his later employments, his employer forced his hand to kill a mother (that he wasn't aware she was pregnant). He immediately turned on and killed his employer and seeks repentance by rejecting that part of his life and going back into the service of the Witch Hunters. For a while, he would travel quietly and silently from town to town, punishing those that would take advantage of kids and often with the town or victims never knowing he was there. He no longer kills, but makes sure the victims know they have been punished. Needless to say one of the recent adventures involving children was particularly poignant for him.

Overall, he is a large, rugged looking man, who even though he cares for them, often causes children to be uneasy at first. He fights with his fists or improvised weapons usually, but does carry other weapons if needed. He is quick to anger, never backs down from a fight, but is also very devout and other than the whole 'wrath' thing does his best to live by the tenants of the Ten Commandments, after breaking the "kill" one with his employer.

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:23 pm 

One of the other Werewolf Players wants to have a quick conf call / hangout this week or next. Are you available after 9pm this Friday or sometime next week?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:22 pm 

I work weekend nights at the hospital (Fri/Sat/Sun), but I'm good for next week (although I run D&D Encounters on Wednesday nights).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:24 pm 

Okay can you PM me your email and I'll try to set something up.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2  Next