Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dark Riders Calling
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:11 pm 

As I mentioned in the previous forum, I am one of the Disciples of Antiochus. I'm interested in getting in contact with the other members of the order so we can work our histories together. With only five of us left, I think it's clear that we'll all know one another, so I'm not worried about that. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dark Riders Calling
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:15 pm 

I'm working with my father right now to get some more information. I play on playing an ancestor of mine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:05 pm 

Sounds cool. I'll PM you with what I have so far... unfortunately, it looks like I've lost the character history that I had typed up on the old forum, so I'll work on that before sending over the mechanical bits.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:31 am 

I'm still in the process of working on mine. This December has been jam-packed with things that need my attention and I haven't done much more than the initial stages of making a character.

BTW... Anyone have any idea on just how old we're allowed to be? (After all, we're "old men in young men's bodies"). I don't plan on going crazy, but are we roughly in our 60's, 80's, 100's...?

Scott

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:56 am 

I have to comb over our document to see when the Chalice was lost to determine my age. I wanted to be relatively young.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:51 pm 

The most information we have is "less than a century ago". There were fewer than twenty Dark Riders at that point, and we're down to five members now, so I figure it's closer to 100 years than, say, fifty.

I figure that most of the surviving members would be between 20 and 40 years old when the chalice was lost. That would leave us with a maximum age of 140 (if it was lost 100 years ago) and a minimum age of 70 (if it was lost 50 years ago).

Henry or Clint, any more exact numbers to work with?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:03 pm 

I'll have to post when I get home and can pour ove rthe final document. I will say that this was Henry's baby so he'd know better and I'd be fine with anything he had to add.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:07 pm 

So at this point, the crunch of my character is just about done. I'm putting him right around a century of actual age. I have in my write-up that he appears in his mid-twenties. I have the skeleton of his backstory, but still need to flesh it out.

I don't think we all need to be particularly close in age, but I agree that the minimum should be around 70 years and the maximum should be no more than about 140. (Although that maximum seems a bit high to me. I would think that you were a very old dark rider when the chalice was stolen if your actual age is near 140.)

Lastly, how many of you actually have a horse? My social standing is commoner. Consequently, I can't afford a horse at creation. I'm thinking of working the death of my trusted steed into my backstory. Are you doing something similar?

Scott

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:09 pm 

I've tweaked Johann a bit since the last PM, but age-wise, I'm putting him near 90 years old, with an apparent age of around the early 30s. I don't want to pin myself down too much in case our answer comes back and doesn't jive with what I've said.

I think the horse is more of a "nice to have", given the first two adventures I've played. Both of their settings (boat and London) haven't lent themselves to being mounted. I could afford one with my earned resources, but I've got ten adventures to decide what to spend that money on.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:19 pm 

As a general rule, my characters in "living" campaigns don't have horses. (Except, maybe a riding horse, in certain cases.) You just never know when you'll have to make some flimsy excuse for not having your horse nearby, or when the author of an adventure forgets to take a horse into account. It's just one of the perils of playing in living campaigns.

But considering that the Order of Antiochus is known as the, "Dark Riders," I kind of figured it would be inappropriate to not have a horse. So I made sure to take a rank in Ride. And I'll just have to buy a riding horse when I can afford one.

:)
Scott

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2  Next