Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Any further discussion on "Continued Training"?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:17 pm 

I was just curious if the Campaign Staff has done any further looking into the Continued Training Talent. It was banned in the campaign due to its imbalances. I was wondering if anything had been done to address it or if there were any further decisions around it?

Thanks,

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Any further discussion on "Continued Training"?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:33 pm 

It's dead, Jim.

I am unaware of any thoughts on bringing it back. But I, for one, would love to see a "fixed" version put in the errata.

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:40 pm 

@John: Why do you feel this talent, or something similar, needs to be revived for the campaign? There are too many balancing issues with this type of talent.

@Matt: I don't think this talent can be fixed unless completely rewritten in a new book. A new talent(s) is what's called for, but I've protested those in the previous thread, before the forum reset.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:50 pm 

I don't feel it *has* to be revived. I was just curious if any further campaign discussion had occurred. There were many suggestions on the old boards to make it balanced for those three archetypes, though nothing was ever really suggested for Experts. I think the concept of it is still very good.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:54 pm 

Harliquinn wrote:
I don't feel it *has* to be revived. I was just curious if any further campaign discussion had occurred. There were many suggestions on the old boards to make it balanced for those three archetypes, though nothing was ever really suggested for Experts. I think the concept of it is still very good.

John

There really isn't anything one can do for Expert with this style talent. The talent grants you a wider range of skill options, Experts already have access to any skill they are trained in. I also still feel granting Arcane and Divine the ability to increase their Combat skills at the same rate as their Casting skills, and Martial their Arcanum with their Combat, you will see a mass exodus of players restating away from Expert.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:57 pm 

deviknyte wrote:
Harliquinn wrote:

John

There really isn't anything one can do for Expert with this style talent. The talent grants you a wider range of skill options, Experts already have access to any skill they are trained in. I also still feel granting Arcane and Divine the ability to increase their Combat skills at the same rate as their Casting skills, and Martial their Arcanum with their Combat, you will see a mass exodus of players restating away from Expert.

I agree and that's why I was a strong proponent of not letting it be used as written. I was hoping that in addition to balancing that one, that an Expert Version (maybe dealing with Talents instead of Skill) could have been created. Something along the lines of replacing the 2 Skill Talent Option with "Choose either Arcanum, Divine, or Combat" You may now choose one of these Talents along with a Skill Talent or 2 Skill Talents.

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:41 am 

.... it's dead horse... give me that stick...

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:53 pm 

I don't carry a stick. But if you'd like Pedro I'd be happy to coax a Gaki sprit into animating the horse for you. -Oozejumper

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric