Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ss'ressen scale question
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:57 pm 

wilcoxon wrote:
No, it doesn't. Unassailable Rune explicitly adds to AR (not NAR) and there's no errata for it.
Quote:
Anyone wearing armor with this Rune inscribed will find it offers increased protection.

Whoops. My bad.

@Matt, how did you come up with AR 6? Legendary Unassailable Rune?

Last edited by Deviknyte on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:01 pm 

deviknyte wrote:
Grieves of the Scout +1 AR. Defense Rune +1 Tier 3 divine caster another plus 1.

I read Greaves of the Scout to add +1 AR to whatever your AR currently is. I don't think it adds to the AR of the armor you are wearing. Therefore, I would think that I'd have AR 4 with the following:
Thick Hide (NAR 2) + Buff Coat (AR 1) + Greaves of the Scout (+1 AR) = 4

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:09 pm 

Harliquinn wrote:
I read Greaves of the Scout to add +1 AR to whatever your AR currently is. I don't think it adds to the AR of the armor you are wearing. Therefore, I would think that I'd have AR 4 with the following:
Thick Hide (NAR 2) + Buff Coat (AR 1) + Greaves of the Scout (+1 AR) = 4

John
So true. Still going to be easier to do you Worn in my opinion. Nothing grants a bonus to natural, everything grants base Natural AR.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:15 pm 

That's okay. AR 4 is good for a lightly armored character with decent avoidance. If I get to a point where I have the opportunity to increase my worn AR by a good 3-4 points, I'll make a switch at that point.

Thanks!

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:18 pm 

Harliquinn wrote:
That's okay. AR 4 is good for a lightly armored character with decent avoidance. If I get to a point where I have the opportunity to increase my worn AR by a good 3-4 points, I'll make a switch at that point.

Thanks!
Unless you come upon an item that will increase your Natural or total AR by 2, then I would focus on increasing my Worn AR. Sure the next point isn't going to change anything, but the point after that will, and there are options for that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:21 pm 

deviknyte wrote:
Harliquinn wrote:

Thanks!
Unless you come upon an item that will increase your Natural or total AR by 2, then I would focus on increasing my Worn AR. Sure the next point isn't going to change anything, but the point after that will, and there are options for that.

Oh I plan to do that, it's just not a driving focus for the character right now. Saving up the king's ransom in gold I need for an exceptional weapon is :)

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:20 pm 

deviknyte wrote:

@Matt, how did you come up with AR 6? Legendary Unassailable Rune?

My breakdown was in my post...

Ashen Hide/Black Talon......3 Natural AR
Ss'ressen Scale Armor........+1 Natural AR
Ss'ressen Scale Armor........+1 AR (per pg. 230 of A:RPG "If at any time a Hero or creature with Natural Armor elects to wear armor, raise their highest Armor Rating by 1."
Dragon's Hide Talent..........+1 Natural AR

3+1+1+1=6

I wasn't factoring any Runes, Spells, or anything else.

Additionally, I believe the Greaves add +1 to the AR of the armor you are wearing, as such, it would not add to the total AR, since the most you can get is +1 for wearing armor and having Natural AR.

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:26 pm 

mighty28 wrote:
Additionally, I believe the Greaves add +1 to the AR of the armor you are wearing, as such, it would not add to the total AR, since the most you can get is +1 for wearing armor and having Natural AR.

Based on the wording (which could certainly be more explicit) and them being magical, I agree with Harliquinn that Greaves of the Scout add 1 to your "final" AR stat (regardless on if it is NAR+1 or AR+1).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:28 pm 

wilcoxon wrote:
mighty28 wrote:

Based on the wording (which could certainly be more explicit) and them being magical, I agree with Harliquinn that Greaves of the Scout add 1 to your "final" AR stat (regardless on if it is NAR+1 or AR+1).

Correct

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:04 am 

So, if the unassailable rune doesn't stack with the Nat AR+Worn AR of a ss'ressen in ss'ressen scale, then does that mean the elemental runes(fire, cold, etc) don't stack?

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next