Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fandible's Rotted Cape Adventures
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:05 pm 

We are in the midst of finishing off two campaigns so those are taking our focus. However, I promise you, we are going to be more focused on Rotted Capes now that two of our older games are coming to an end.

I expect in June, there will be a mini-arc featuring Sentinel and Shepard. And then July, the entire gang will be brought together again - along with Goldshot's new character.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:39 pm 

Saw your post in the Rules section. Wanted to follow up and see if there was an estimate of when the new episode will release.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:44 pm 

And the latest episode arrives! It's a two-parter!

Shepard is in desperate need of medical assistance. The Haven team has a theory on how they can help him, but they’ll need to ask for assistance from QUINN. Will this AI assist them or will she still be in mourning over the loss of Goldshot?

http://www.fandible.com/rotted-capes-ep ... ls-1-of-2/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:59 pm 

Fantastic! Thanks for the head's up.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:26 pm 

Has anyone told QUINN that Goldshot left her? :o

:edit:
Listens to episode, tosses plot notes away that have been sitting on word doc waiting to send

:further edit:
Has the Editor decided whether androids can be Z-virus affected yet? (Guessing no, based upon previous information that it may be magically generated).

:another edit:
EIC and H.E.I.D.I. and P.E.T.R.I. need to read the following book bits, as it will work in both directions:
Wireless Power and AI (sidebar Survivors Guide pg34)
New Exploit: Mind Control vs AI (spending a Plot Die)

Also, make sure HEIDI knows that her repulsor blasts (ie: Energy Blast / Force ) will inflict the Crippled condition on zombies (pg.97, bottom right) when they fail a Vigor check against Massive Damage. Quite useful, even if the Z didn't roll low enough for a Wound.

Last edited by Southernskies on Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:26 pm 

First excellent episode. I'd been looking forward to it for quite some time. Party suddenly full of AI.

I hope we can see Shepard back for real in part 2, or at lease a full version of Petri.

Do you guys publish your sheets anywhere, I know you like to play fast an loose with the rules, but I'm always interested in seeing what the party really has.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:04 pm 

You will certainly see Shepard (proper) back with the group! Don't you worry!

Thanks SouthernSkies! I'll remind them all of those things.

Also, it's still not been established where the disease came from. Magic certainly played an element in its spreading, but there is still no definite answer of what brought it on. Thus far, this is what we know of the disease in our game (I think. It's been a long adventure!)

(SPOILERS AHEAD)

1) Anyone bitten by the Patrician will turn into a Super Z. He could bite an absolutely normal person and turn them into an intelligent (yet evil) zombie. However, Patrician doesn't really leave survivors, so those who ARE Super Zs are by his own design. For some reason, the Patrician can affect normal people, magical beings, aliens, and mutants.

2) Anyone with a meta-gene will turn into a Super Z if infected - regardless of what type of zombie bites them. Those with a recessive meta-gene will sometimes turn into an abomination. A bite from a zombie that isn't the Patrician ends with a non-metahuman turning into a normal zombie.

3) Robots are immune - the disease ( so far ) cannot be transmitted to machines. Cyborgs, however, are not immune. If you have a brain, you can be turned if it gets into your blood stream.

4) So far, ONE person has been able to resist the compulsion of the disease. That would be Nightbane. However, this requires him to be completely away from other people. He's chained in a cage and every minute of the day is a battle. Ask how he was able to do this, his only explanation is "I'm fucking Nightbane".

5) The disease isn't 100% effective. If you burn the bite immediately after exposure, it's usually 100% destroyed.

6) Some dark cabal definitely used the apocalypse for their own benefit. There is some sort of magic involved in the disease - either it's fast progression throughout the planet or maybe it's creation. Still, it's a mystery.

7) The disease might have come from outer space. Maybe? The Patrician returned to Earth after being infected. So it's assumed it came from space. But maybe it's from another dimension? Who knows at this point.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:16 am 

Also still don't know what happened from Dr Mosaic's trip to the underworld after deliberately getting bitten by the Patrician. :twisted:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:41 pm 

YES! We still need to figure that out!

Also - Part 2 is posted: http://www.fandible.com/rotted-capes-ep ... ls-2-of-2/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:19 pm 

More notes later, but:

Torchlight was Wounded by a SuperZ and needs to be checked for Z virus infection... :x

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next