Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Questions on Nerothians and The Death Lord's Kiss
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:03 am 

Gnomie wrote:
I really like this angle. It will give a the PCs more of a pause and add a nice flavor to it. Permission to use?

Nierite wrote:

A possible angle to take with this would be less trying to see the moment of undeath, but in causing undeath, perhaps he is trying to see Neroth Himself? The Gods have been absent from Arcanis for centuries, and there is no real communication between the Gods and their chosen. Maybe through the creation of undead, he hopes to pierce the veil and see where no mortal eyes can see?

By all means

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Questions on Nerothians and The Death Lord's Kiss
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:37 am 

Yes, yes. Steal whatever you find useful!
toodeep wrote:
As for other creatures having souls, I think the solid answer is, "who knows!?!" but the most likely answer is yes. Obviously the Ssethric creatures all have souls, as well as all human-kin and dwarves. Generally, as long as you aren't an arcanely created bioweapon (i.e. Elorii) intelligent living creatures appear to have souls.
I think the belief of the Kio as expressed in the 5E Kio book is telling. They believe Kio souls were all created at the dawn of the universe by the Creator who "perished" in the act of creation. That's according to the Kio...and the later part is also endorsed by the Mother Church. When all the Kio souls cycle through life and "die" then their collective return "to the creator" at the end of time will supposedly lead to Its reanimation and the Creator will then allegedly re/create a new universe.

My best (very unofficial) guess is that this is true for all sentient creatures capable of making moral and ethical decisions. That would include Gar. They have souls. Those souls were created at the dawn of time. And they don't have anything to do with the Cauldron or the Ouremar. Pantheons who have somehow "built a fence" around the souls of the followers, who reincarnate, gain power from those souls that are in their portfolio and guard them jealously.
Gnomie wrote:
"Show them the evil"? Last time that happened I almost landed Gnomie is a jail and was almost ejected from the game. I will keep the evil tucked away nicely for now! :lol:
Hah Ha! BUT! You are the GM this time. Sooo very different. Still maybe its right to keep the evil tucked away for the opportune moment.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2