Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A Leaf Upon the Wind + Jump Spell
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:15 pm 

So Jump Spell/Ring of Jumping/Boots of Jumping and Striding give you x3 to your base jumping distance.

Osalikene (Air) Elorii's First level Bloodline "A Leaf Upon the Wind" provides "Your jumping distance is doubled"

Am I to read this as I now have x6 Jumping distance or it overrides the 1st level bloodline power and I only have x3 Jumping Distance?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: A Leaf Upon the Wind + Jump Spell
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:21 pm 

standard stacking rules apply; it becomes x4.

Base + (x3) + (x2)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:52 pm 

I would have immediately agreed if 3rd Ed, but I haven't seen that stacking multiplier thing anywhere in 5e.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:18 pm 

I admit, I was guilty of assuming standard stacking rules applied. I hadn’t realized that hadn’t appeared in this edition. I checked the DMG errata, and under “Combining Game Effects”, it clarifies that everything stacks as long as it’s not the same name, so unless PCI offers a different ruling:

Jump spell and Ring of Jumping do not stack (as the latter grants the ability to cast the same spell)
Boots of Striding and Springing are questionable here, given the “though you can't jump farther than your remaining Movement would allow“ limitation
My own two cents would be that the spell (alone or via ring) would stack with the Elorii ability for x6. Again, no one official, but at least WotC’s RAW seem to indicate that.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey