Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: What kind of characters are you going to make?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:57 am 

Kio Fighter - Archetype: Duelist

Oh wait, you guys have not seen that Archetype yet

;)

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:03 pm 

So I was thinking about the Fury and a spellrune of vampiric touch. Granted if i have vampiric touch under concentration i cant keep it in rage becaus it has to come from a spell rune, not from a class feature. But even without rage fury is a great class. Im even thinking about a dex based fury using dex with a steal whip.

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:48 pm 

Paldaris wrote:
trying to figure out what cheestastic and fun thing to do with my Ss'ressen.

Myrmidon looks like fun, but then HC looks good as well. I need to figure out a way to stay a caster so I keep being the Snakelord, but other than that kinda open...

If I was playing a Ss'ressen I would definitely play Holy Champion of the Fire Dragon. They are fantastic.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:22 pm 

Funnily enough Ive just started my readthrough again of the Holy Champ of the Fire Dragon. So far the Champion of Sarish actually seems to have the most versatility.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:32 pm 

sutekh wrote:
Funnily enough Ive just started my readthrough again of the Holy Champ of the Fire Dragon. So far the Champion of Sarish actually seems to have the most versatility.

I can't wait to see a Val'Sheem Holy Champion of Sarish who is Succubus Bound...

talk about dangerous beauty

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:49 am 

I like the idea of a Gnomish Holy Champion of Sarish (Succubus bound) with the contrasts

One ugly on the outside with a pure and noble heart inside, and the other beautiful on the outside by a cold shell.. and ugly on the inside.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:06 pm 

PCI_StatMonkey wrote:
I can't wait to see a Val'Sheem Holy Champion of Sarish who is Succubus Bound...

talk about dangerous beauty

I played one when our group was Play testing, actually

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:46 am 

I've started to delve through the 5E book. I am excited to see new Arcanis material. But also super busy...in a week I'm testing for my 2nd degree Black Belt (!!!) over 48 hours (yikes!!!).

Its a long process of elimination to whittle things down to what i want to play.

I know I like full spell casters and class that lend themselves to a strong point of view (often Paladins). So though they look interesting I think I'd have to pass on psions and shamans. They're kind of made in the warlock hybrid model and mechanically that's not my favorite choice. Personally I also hate the limited spell selection of sorcerers in the core rules, I'm a wizard guy I like my flexibility. In Portland I occasionally play a 5e Paladin/Bard and even then I find I don't have all the spell abilities I want ...so you definitely won't find me playing an eldritch sorcerer. Not even the Sorcerers Priest. Kinda to bad for me, initially I was interested in playing a Kio Battle Mage.

Like the Core Bard, the 5e Elder Sorcerer has more spells. But I've been reluctant to play an elorii in arcanis because (i think) there are just too many holes in what we know about them. I'll pass here too.

So that leaves Clerics, Fighters, Furies, Rangers & Rogues (maybe HCs...)

I could recreate Tukufu as a Cleric of Altheres or an Archaeologist for 5e...though given that he's a special character cert the issue of his race becomes an interesting question. But the cleric is the aspect of crafting instead of knowledge so I don't really like that build atheistically even if the crunchiness works. Fun idea but pass.

I've always been interested in playing a fully "roman" Coryani character. So maybe a HC-1, Cleric of Illiir X would be interesting & cool. Or a Rogue Bard with the Tactician feat. A very junior member of the Imperial val'Assante family would potentially have a lot of skin in the game during the Coming of the Destroyer Arc & War of the Paragon arcs. Definitely a possibility.

The other possibility that's been kicking around in my head for a long time is a Yhing Hir/Conan-esque barbarian figure. Kinda Kal Drogo with a small side of mysticism. A fish out of water character who doesn't care about the so called Destroyer, but who is hounded into it by portents and the ancestor spirit(s) that have attached "itself" to him. That actually works out in this system really well. I could do a Fury (Path of the Possessed: Heroism/Vengeance) with the Shaman Initiate Background and the Spiritual Awakening talent. Definitely a possibility, though kinda funny if i land on the same class as the other Eric with Oozy.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:54 am 

You know Eric, if you are scared of Harvesters you can just say so :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:17 pm 

ello! Smartman. You know you want to. We could be best buddies! Isn't that wonderful?

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next