Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: List of Valinor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:23 pm 

I too think that the Sorcerer King is a fallen Valinor. Perhaps the Magic of Sarish.
I think it goes well with how he is viewed and what we know of him. An immortal man, that looks handsome. He claims all arcane magic users are his subjects. He prefers to be worshipped by his subjects. Sounds like both Xabal and Manetas.

The ruler of Garundi is Supreme Commander Zirth/Zhirt it's spelled both ways. He is a Valinor of an unknown God. He hates the Mother Church of Coryan. And has made a pack with the SK for protection.

Numeh is the Word of Iillir.

There is a Mercy of Neroth. He wields the actual Scythe of Neroth, and he was eaten by a dragon. Turning the dragon into a Dracolich.

The Hated of Neroth and all Valinor that sided with Manetas (in total 1/3 of the Host) were all bound with Manetas.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:27 am 

As a dear friend of Skiz, but never seen his full story arc due to life, I would love to read through any material that may have been published, either in an adventure or in a book (I have all of the 3.5 books).

Please?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:50 pm 

The last reference to Skiz was located in the last adventure of the 3.5 Campaign. There was nothing else released about him (her?) in any other adventure or source material since, and very few even before that after Year 1.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:16 pm 

Summary of Skiz:
1. Turned up as an animal familiar cert
2. Name means 'tasty' in Ss'ressen (at least that was the local information). One of our Ss'ressen kept threatening to eat him. :lol:
3. Transformed into a Valinor during the finale of the Civil War, with a comment about 'hiding from' something.

There was very little player information outside the two events. There may have been GM information pop up, but I didn't see any in the ones I ran.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:06 am 

During the final BI PCs penetrated the previously unbleached walls of Grand Coryan and fought their way towards the Imperial Palace as Valinor both for and against Manetas fought in the skies.

A freed Hatred of Neroth got ready to dive bomb the PCs but at the last second Skiz transformed back into a Valinor (The Strength of Salute?) and intercepted him. Last PCs saw was their melee merge with the other valor fighting in the skies.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:26 pm 
IIRC Skiz was the The Fertility of Saluwe`.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:42 pm 

Hello,

Skizz was the STRENGTH of Saluwe.

Henry

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:34 pm 

ZCaslar wrote:
IIRC Skiz was the The Fertility of Saluwe`.

The Fertility of Saluwe' was involved in the Dragon Wat.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:35 pm 

I have never seen any mention of Valinor of Yarris. The Deep Ones are a possible alternative origin for the val'Ossans that does not involve Valinor.

I have never seen any mention of Valinor of Althares. We did long ago see in a d20 adventure a possible alternative origin for the val'Abebi that does not involve Valinor.

There are no truly confirmed Valinor of Sarish. Losknek serves Sarish, yes, but we don't know whether he's a Valinor or something else. Myths say that Sarish swayed fallen Valinor to serve Him as Devil-Princes (separate from Devil-Kings), but I've not seem confirmation of Valinor of Sarish. The misunderstanding of the Patience of Sarish actually being the Patience of Illiir is further meta-evidence for this observation.

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:15 am 

Altheris, Anshar, & Yarris have no listed Valinor. Anywhere. We know why with Anshar (Yig!) We don't know why with the other two. I find it suggestive that all three are described as brothers or sister to the prime progenitor "nuclear families" of the Pantheon of Man. Illiir+Saluwe (and kids) & Neroth+Beltine (Plus kid/s). I think its like the Pantheon found a slot for them.

"Hey its funny old uncle Yarris who some (mummblemummble::maybe shouldn't be saying this::mumble) say is older than Mom & Dad!" -Hurrian, Larissa or Nier.

I think "Deep Ones" are an unlikely source of the val'Ossan. For one D.O. tend to breed true...yuck. But also they don't have psionics or a celestial background. Also the val'Ossan don't "change" as they get older. If we know OOC that Anshar can make the val'Inares (and/or other families lost to the Blood War) all on her own I think we can assume that Yarris and other deities can too.

Altheris really I wonder about. On the one hand he seems comparatively "normal." But on the other hand, (sorry Erdukken!) none of the other Deities seems to have such a connection to a chosen people. That shouts outsider pretty loudly to me. Although I used to think Altheris might have Valinor that would eventually "show up," since I started playing Tukufu and think more about Altheria, the less likely I think this is. The origin of the val Abebi and ul'Wei is potentially an interesting mystery. Is there a connection between the old d20 mod that had an origin story and the fact that the ul'Wei cover themselves as fully as Nerothians? I am suspicious. Its also possible that like Anshar, Altheris directly had a hand in the creation of the val lines. ALtheris also has references to a number of spirits that serve him which could be alternative celestial beings.

That leaves Sarish to talk about. Sarish is always the weird one. I think Mish, the Shadow of Sarish, was a Valinor. (Progenitor of the val'Baucisz family). If you think that, then the question is open and shut. If not, then you have to explain an alternative origin. That said, we all know "Sarish is weird." He doesn't have divine priests. He is alternatively described as having either Cadic & Larissa as parents or Neroth & Beltine. (Or as a heretical thought Larissa by way of Neroth. Or somehow all four). Weird. So if Sarish ended up being different then that wouldn't totally blow my mind. Loshnek is usually described as the Cunning of Sarish and as a fallen Valinor. I got to listen to Henry at Origins of 2017 talking about his power level vis-a-via other Valinor. Although it is never spelled out which God he may have originally worked for (that is to say he may not have started off as Sarish's right hand man) I think its as likely as not that has always been in service to Sarish, which is why he is apparently trusted so much.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next