Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Vexing Priest
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:29 pm 

In the Breath of Ash attack it states that creatures that fail their Saving throw take damage or be blinded till the end of the next turn.

Is this a typo and it should be both, or can the GM decide what happens to a target?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Vexing Priest
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:51 pm 

Given how dangerous the Breath of Natus are supposed to be, I would say both effects happen (and it’s hust poor wording).

That said, as a judge, you always have some leeway in making adjustments. Arcanis judges should not be shy about bringing heat to the player characters. Arcanis PCs are going to take their lumps as well as their shots. Sometimes more lumps than they want. But it’s always possible you will get an underpowered group of only 4 PCs. Or an overpowered full table. In that case you might fudge the encounter on the margins to make it a rough fight instead of s TPK or a speed bump.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 pm 

Hello,

deisuineko wrote:
In the Breath of Ash attack it states that creatures that fail their Saving throw take damage or be blinded till the end of the next turn.

I think you're misreading it.

From the PDF:

"Breath of Ash. The Undead Assassin exhales ash in a 20 ft. cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw or be blind for 2 rounds on a failed save."

There's no mention of damage. The Hero either makes the savings throw and suffers no ill effect or fails and is blinded.

I hope this helps.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Vexing Priests
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:25 pm 

The copy of Vexing Priests I have states:

"Breath of Ash (Recharge 6). The Breath of Natüs exhales ash in a 20 ft. cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw. Creatures that fail their saving throw take 18 (5d6) necrotic damage or be blinded until the end of their next turn, creatures that succeed on their saving throw take half as much damage and are not blinded."

Now that I read it closer since the last sentence says 'and', I am going to assume that the 'or' in the third sentence should be an 'and'.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:46 am 

Hello,

It seems that the ability was changed during the editing process.

When the damage was added, the editor forgot to change the 'or' to an 'and'.

So, it should read:

"Breath of Ash (Recharge 6). The Breath of Natüs exhales ash in a 20 ft. cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw. Creatures that fail their saving throw take 18 (5d6) necrotic damage AND ARE blinded until the end of their next turn, creatures that succeed on their saving throw take half as much damage and are not blinded."

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:39 pm 

Are the Mongers discussed in any of the source books? I am running this mod this coming weekend one of the players is playing a holy champion of Neroth, so I know that he is going to be asking some questions at some point during the module that I'm not going to be able to answer .

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:47 pm 

Hello,

The Death Mongers are detailed in the upcoming Blessed Lands Source book, coming out later this year.

There should be enough information on them in the adventure to field some questions, however.

If you have specific questions, feel free to contact me here or at my email PCIHenry@gmail.com

Enjoy!

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:29 pm 

No the information in the mod is fine, glad to hear about the upcoming sourcebook . I just wanted to make sure that I as the GM am up to date on the information currently available.

Thanks for the quick replay.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey