Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1 module
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:14 pm 

According to the Paradigm campaign website, there has been exactly one module released for home play this year.

There will not be an Arcanicon for 2018.

Thoughts?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 1 module
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:13 pm 

The reality is that if you didn't go to conventions last year, then you didn't play Arcanis ...

The lack of modules has been and continues to be a big problem. IMO THE problem. In Portland the campaign, as a campaign, is moribund for lack of anything to play. On Wednesdays the people who formerly played Arcanis now play a card version of Pathfinder. I have hopes that when the modules come back that I will be able to relaunch it here.

We can *eventually* expect to see the hard and soft points reach the website. Don't know why it has taken so long. However roughly half of the adventure slots written for Origins and Arcaniscon will never be released (BIs, LARPs, Specials) which also compounds the problem of having nothing to play. Much as I might like otherwise, homeplay really isn't an option currently.

But against that I hear PCI sold out of multiple products at their booth at GenCon. So interest in Arcanis remains strong and PCI as a business is presumably doing well. I don't want to do the melodramatic thing and say that Arcanis is dying.

But the lack of mods is a problem.

Two years ago after the First City BI Henry took questions and I asked about the lack of modules. Henry acknowledged that it was a problem he didn't offer any ideas of how to PCI was going to get more. I *think/guess* their hope is that as the 5e version of the campaign catches hold they will get more mods from the D&D base. But currently thinks are a lot worse than they were a year and a half ago.

If it was up to me (Its not) I'd put out a call for a new Invisible Kings program to get more authors writing and projects moving through the pipeline.

I already have a pair of projects i am working on, that I hope will see daylight in 2018.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:10 pm 

No other thoughts or comments?

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:00 am 

I agree completely with both of you. Only 1 module released for home play in the past year is sad -- I don't know what the hold-up is, but I'd like to see an open discussion of it from PCI, with thoughts about how to speed-up the process.

And I agree, you've got to play Arcanis at conventions if you want to play mods that are newer than about 2 years old.

The unfortunate trend I'm seeing now is that Arcanis ARG tables are rarely offered at the smaller or mid-size conventions. Usually, only Arcanis 5E tables are offered. Certainly there are exceptions, but it's a distinct trend. Maybe that's just here in the midwest? I hope so, but can't be sure.

Then again, at least Arcanis IS being played now. For the last 3 or 4 years, I rarely (if ever) saw Arcanis at the local (Chicago) conventions.

So if you want to play Arcanis ARG, you've got to go to the big conventions -- Origins, Gencon, and a few others.

Anoush val'Mehan, Sarishan Binder (3.9)
Valadriel Maethirion, Kio Duelist (2.5)
Irena val'Virdan, Priestess of Nier (2)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:10 pm 

petergamer wrote:
According to the Paradigm campaign website, there has been exactly one module released for home play this year.

There will not be an Arcanicon for 2018.

Thoughts?

Many thoughts. Feel free to reach out to me if you're interested in hearing some of them. If you don't know an alternate way to reach me, send a PM on here.

Offline Profile