Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TONY - CES for Dark Coda
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:22 pm 

From U-Con, pretty sure Bellando and I tried to recruit the bard guy, Karolos?, to the Cadican church. And since he's now really, really, REALLY wanted in Cancari (almost as much as Delbert), I'll offer him a cushy job and new identity in the First City working at my newspaper. Me and I being Dreyga Val'Borda, whose information network, safehouse, and cover ID are all within that city. He's got the makings of a GREAT assassin and I could really use the help when I'm out of the city on 'other assignments'.... He could become my apprentice... What's the Arcanis equivalent of 3.5's Feat 'Little Bitc...' err 'Leadership'?

Also, our table better become canon... That was epic! So much Delberting that we only had 4 'fights' in 2 rounds and 2 of those were Delberting smacking a single person around.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: TONY - CES for Dark Coda
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:44 pm 

I believe we did try to recruit him into the Cadican folds. I personally think he does have the makings of a good assassin and spy, as he had all of us fooled. I would certainly look to get his help with any Emerald Society needs that might occur in the First City or surrounding areas. I also think I'd like to work with Karolos on a Music Code for passing secret messages within the society.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:00 am 

MORE SPOILERS

So, if what I have heard is correct. . . you want to recruit a man who you embarrassed in front of his whole family by failing at their best opportunity to fulfill a century-old blood oath (which has probably earned you a death mark from that very same family)? A man who now is viewed as either an assassin by the val'Mordane, or will go to any efforts to get back their 'stolen' Black Chanter (haven't heard the exact details of your actions)?

Sure, he'd be glad to be recruited to your 'newspaper'! I do caution you to sleep with one eye open, however ;)

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:52 am 

Oh no, it gets better Cody...

They allowed him to kill the val'Mordane. Then they knocked him out (with very clever use of a Fate point to do the impossible) and took him with them. He accomplished his vendetta, avenging his family's honour, and he's alive. He will be viewed as an assassin by the val'Mordanes and pretty much all Nerothians, which means he'll probably want to spend the rest of his life somewhere away from Canceri.

It was an... interesting table.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:00 am 

Oh we let him complete his Blood Debt and helped him escape. Sure the val'Mordane's will brand him an assassin. Luckily, none of us ever gave our names in Venkata or Nishanpur, and we were generally viewed as mere 'servants'.

I doubt the bard will ever return to Canceri, but I imagine he and his family and grateful for our help or at least non-interference.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:11 am 

I like how he thinks that Tier II Heroes, Veterans of the Crusade, would have been let into Ventaka without the denizens within doing at least a cursory check on them. Bless him ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am 

Nierite wrote:
I like how he thinks that Tier II Heroes, Veterans of the Crusade, would have been let into Ventaka without the denizens within doing at least a cursory check on them. Bless him ;)

I forgot that Ventaka was connected to interpol :)

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:21 am 

delbert had just a moment to pass his judgement on our bard friend, and did not find him or his motivation wanting. and he found his motivations in line with what milandisian society expects so he did not stop the assassination. how ever actions have consequences, and the bard being fundamentally good in delberts eyes should survive and help deal with the long-term fallout.

and then we escaped.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:25 am 

Fair enough ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:52 am 

Just a reminder:

Critical Events reports are tallied from those received after a certain period of time (usually 6 months from the time of the premiere). Whatever occurred in the majority of the tables is what normally becomes canon, not just the events from one table.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2  Next