Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can you help me understand the setting better?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:11 pm 

I thought I read somewhere that the divine followers of the elemental lords were cut off when they were eaten by the PoM? Otherwise there would logically still be at least some divine casters of the elemental lords.

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:14 pm 

Hmmm...you're right, Steve, that does sound odd.

I wonder what could be going on?

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:38 pm 

Ok, I'll throw out my possible explanation, though accepting it is almost certainly wrong given Henry's comment.

The Elorii are constructs, an infusion of elemental power and life given shape. It is said their gods walked among them and there was a special relationship there for who else amongst the living can say they have walked and spoken physically with their gods? If the binding tie of their creation or close relationship built a special bond between Elorii and Lord, especially for any of the divine worshipers, then the sudden lack of that connection would be noticeable and significant. It is said the wind in the temple of Osalian died, the flame of Keleos went out and I forget the signs for the other two temples.

Now, there is faith and there is Faith. The small f faith is what most worshipers have. It lacks the special spark of conviction that empowers faith into becoming Faith. Faith with a capital F has at it's core a certainty in the truth being followed. It's what powers the Divine talents and the divine spells. You can argue that the Elorii never had Faith before the fall of Elemental Lords. They had knowledge and certainty that it would work because their gods walked among them. The death of the Elemental Lords sent shock waves through the special connection the Elorii had with their gods. They knew on some level, could sense or feel or know that their gods were gone. This new certainty or at least the amount of doubt it caused in them destroyed the certainty of knowledge. They were required to have true Faith and stumbled. And in doing so brought about the certainty of their gods being gone as much as they were certain their gods had existed.

The followers of the Pantheon of Man are born, raised and die with the understanding that their gods are alive and present. Those who have sufficient faith are able to channel the power through the Cants. They have never seen nor are likely to ever know their gods in the flesh. It could be that the PoM has long since died off, but their Faith remains and so they continue. It would be ironic if the PoM were all dead and the Elemental Lords alive but cut off from the Elorii.

What you do with a home game is completely up to you. I doubt this mystery will get resolved any time soon.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:56 pm 

PCIHenry wrote:
Hmmm...you're right, Steve, that does sound odd.

I wonder what could be going on?

Ok, that's it. I'm going to stop calling you Sam Eagle and rename you the Forever Tantalizer :P :lol:

Echo
B-lister, Super Human, Brawler
"Bringing the noise!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:06 pm 

Hi there

I tend to be the organiser of things happening in Australia at the moment..

Currently work in crushing and has limited all my arcanis to basically just my Thursday Night home group. But I am hoping things will settle down soon. When this happens I was hoping to start running some games on Roll20 for people interstate. Timezoning may also work for you. keep an eye in the online play area. I will post there. You would be most welcome to join when I do. Discovering the lore of the world through the mods put out by Henry and Co are one of the best things about the game. Most people who play regularly have had more than one major "What the.." moment

Taffy

Hat wrote:

While there may not be a group in Tianjin with you, there is a section of the forums for LA Campaigns: Online Play. While most of the players I'm familiar with are in time zones across the U.S., there are players in Australia that are much closer to your timezone and may be able to help arrange a game.

As another alternative, there is regular play by post of the mods on Myth Weavers. Mods take roughly 3 months to get through and there's usually only 1 or 2 running at a time. Depending on interest and willingness to get another game going, you could go that route as well.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Melbourne - Australia

Marco val'Sheem - Master Sword Sage
Gwe - Berokene Sailor & KNight of the 12 Oaks
Henrique Gatti- Dark-kin Archeologist

Tos'Koreth - Disciple of Jeggal Sag
Vuran - Tultipet Body Guard

The Axeman (LRC)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:10 pm 

I think I would probably have had one of those moments at the BI I played in if I had known more about the setting at the time. All I really remember is that we went to another plane of existence and we found some dude locked in a prison to suffer eternally, and he could help in something that was coming up if someone volunteered to take his place, but no one did (I tried to cheese it by swapping in my psi-crystal since it has a fragment of your psyche, but it didn't work). Can't remember who or what the guy was.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:11 pm 

General Menesis val'Tensen if it was from the old campaign...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:20 pm 

Southernskies wrote:
General Menesis val'Tensen if it was from the old campaign...

The opportunity to swap places was with King Noen I believe. Menesis was brought back but I don't believe anyone else had to give up their life.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:21 pm 

Who's King None?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:28 pm 

Lorebane wrote:
Who's King None?

None was an autocorrect issue. King Noen was king of Solanos More and was killed in a battle at the enclave. As the loyalist forces retreated the High Inquisitior of Legion Lex Talionis shattered the king's soul shard, ensuring he would not return. The members of LLT present each took a piece of the king's soul shard.

At least one of the players did indeed switch places with the King. I believe his soul was in torment stored within the LLT's Legion Standard. It's been a number of years ago, so some of the details may be wrong.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next