Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ancient Black Ops
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:45 pm 

There's a tv show on Netflix that I think works well for this game called Ancient Black Ops. It focuses on ancient special ops types units and has an episode dedicated to Aztec Eagle Warriors. I recommend watching it. Some of the others may also serve as fertile ground for Order and secret society ideas.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Ancient Black Ops
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:22 pm 

Cool tip, Dace. I'll definitely track this down and check it out once the holiday crush is behind me. Let us know if they cover any other cool cultures.

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:23 am 

All the cultures they cover are pretty cool. Some of them (such as the episode on the Jewish knife fighters and the Germanic Ghost Men) seem ripe for use as something more. But I found their episode on the Eagle Warriors to be really good, especially in the practical use of their weapons. Good background work for anyone who is thinking about running an Aztec related adventure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:21 am 

Germanic "Ghost Men"?!

Why the hell is this the first I'm hearing about these guys, just as I prepare to shift the focus of the campaign to England?!

Tom

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:46 am 

They fought the Romans and apparently delivered one of their worst defeats. They would use hit and run tactics during the day and then at night paint their faces black and hit the Romans again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:04 pm 

Added the series to my que last night. I recognized a lot of the topics, but plenty that I'd like to watch.

Dace wrote:
They fought the Romans and apparently delivered one of their worst defeats. They would use hit and run tactics during the day and then at night paint their faces black and hit the Romans again.

Hmmm...so just off the top of my head, you could make them a legion of warriors that bound themselves to dark powers and now live on as revenants that can be summoned by certain rites (animist or witchcraft, maybe diabolist or necromancy too). The can only manifest at night, move silently, and are invulnerable to iron and steel weapons. I'd probably make them threat 3 minions just so you could throw scores of them at the players without the guilt or bookkeeping. The leader I would give the summon hordes story power with the ultimate master price. Probably the apparition power to, just to ensure he would be extra annoying. Aside from limiting their activity to night, I would give them blocked from the world or some business. Imagine a pocket dimension in the Invisible World were they fight an endless battle against undead legions of centurions. Now throw the PCs into the middle of that for fun.

Tom

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:21 am 

Dace wrote:
All the cultures they cover are pretty cool. Some of them (such as the episode on the Jewish knife fighters and the Germanic Ghost Men) seem ripe for use as something more. But I found their episode on the Eagle Warriors to be really good Rachat de crédit plus trésorerie, especially in the practical use of their weapons. Good background work for anyone who is thinking about running an Aztec related adventure.

Maybe you could share a link with us.

Offline Profile