Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help with Ss’ressen (Male) Shaman Initiate
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:11 am 

I've been working on some character concepts, and can't seem to figure out a way to make a male shaman initiate of the Ss’ressen race. Since there is an Arcanum pre-req for the background it doesn't seem possible to make this work, yet the race, and males, are mentioned specifically in the background. Does anyone have any build advice on this? Is it possible to do this with the Martial archtype?

Thanks in advance!

- Sestius Ovidius Crixus - Former Gladiator of the Empire (Martial 1.6)
- Many more to come! :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Help with Ss’ressen (Male) Shaman Initiate
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:58 am 

It's certainly doable as an Expert. I'm not sure about Martial. The key is likely the Adaptable Talent (almost every Expert has it as one of their two archetype talents) but I don't know if there is a way for Martial to get it prior to picking Background.

There is one Ssressen Primal caster that I played with at Origins. However, I don't know what archetype he is (guessing Expert) or if he had casting at char gen (guessing yes).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:06 pm 

Expert + Adaptable is the usual way to go.

Despite the ability to take Prestidigitation with an experts skill talent most people wait till Step (9?) where they also pick up ASC 1. If you don't get both in the same step you loose Move Object (in the legends campaign no big thing) and Unravel the Thread. Problem is to delay till step 9 you need to meet the prerequisite of 3 ranks in a Lore skill. With the flexibility of Expert that's not a problem.

Martial archetype is much more limiting. Though Wilderness Lore counts. So you should be able to pick that up through background, nationality (Milandir) and an elective skill.

If you are willing to play a Ghost Scale you could go off Heal (Archetpe, Nationality Almeric & elective)...though as I think about it I'm not sure they are supposed to have followers of Jeggal Sag. Thier back story has holes and contradictions in it.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:20 pm 

wilcoxon wrote:
It's certainly doable as an Expert. I'm not sure about Martial. The key is likely the Adaptable Talent (almost every Expert has it as one of their two archetype talents) but I don't know if there is a way for Martial to get it prior to picking Background.

There is one Ssressen Primal caster that I played with at Origins. However, I don't know what archetype he is (guessing Expert) or if he had casting at char gen (guessing yes).

Presuming you mean Tailless (James from BEAST, can't remember his character's name off-hand), yes, he's an Expert who took Shaman Initiate at creation.

Offline Profile