Last visit was: It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What is meant by "Online Play"
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:38 pm 

I am used to playing via Skype, FaceTime, and google Hang Out with a group of friends in Colorado. Is that what Online Play is referring to? I can find no Living Arcanis games in the Twin Cities, and would love to join Online Games if I have correctly divined the nature of such games.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: What is meant by "Online Play"
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:48 pm 

First of all, welcome to the forums!

Second, yes. Essentially we use some form of video chat (I prefer G+ Hangouts) plus a website http://www.roll20.net to use for map, random number generators, and word-chat.

Third, may I refer you to wilcoxon here on the forums. I believe he is based out of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, while there should also be a group of players in Duluth (frzntundra4?). Additionally, I believe SamhainIA is based out of Iowa City which from a quick Google Maps (seems to be 4-5 hours away from Minneapolis.

Addendum: I should also point out that unless Njal val'Assante (or another Moderator) gives you permission, you need to post 5 times in order to unlock the ability to PM someone on the forums.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:20 pm 

Excellent! I am actually in Boyceville, Wisconsin. Online gaming would enable me to actually play more than twice per year (Ghengis and Tacticon). I'll try to keep an eye on the forums and catch a game or two.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:21 pm 

Well, I'm trying to organize two games with the most recent HP's, and there is another gentleman by the handle of MonkofLords who is looking at organizing lower-tier groups.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:45 pm 

There is also Play-by-Post games over on http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27804

In general it takes 4-8 weeks per 'round', depending on the complexity of the adventure, the amount of combat and general alertness of the participants.

Last edited by Southernskies on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:28 am 

Welcome!

Others have pretty well described the status of things. My wife and I are taking a break during September from running as we have a lot of other stuff going on, but will likely start back up with Tuesday night games at the beginning of October. Those typically run 8:00 - midnight EST though we try and start at 7:30.

Mods that will run early in that next schedule will be

1. A1SP12 - A Thousand Words
2. A1SP14 - In Darkness, Light
3. A2HP05 - Vexing Priests
4. A2HP06 - The Price of Honor
5. A2HP07 - Words of the Seer

I need to check my records, we may also do A1SP13 - Espionage, I don't recall if most of the regulars for Tuesday night have played it or not.

Usually there are spots available. In a couple of cases we've scrounged up a second GM when there's been enough interest. If we've ever not sat someone it's been only once or twice in the last 7 or 8 months.

Hope to meet you in a game.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:54 pm 

Thank you all. I appreciate all the attempts to help me out. I live in Boyceville, Wisconsin. I drive to the cities (1-2 hours each way for work Monday through Friday. I would be unable to play after work hours during the week as my career requires wide-awake brain cells :)
I got an email from someone who runs a Friday night game in Edina, which is one of two nights I could make it (Saturday being the other) but this damned interface won't let me respond to him / her! If you are "wilcoxon", please email me at joel@bifrostfarms.com.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:13 pm 

As stated above, unless you specifically ask someone with a red name here on the forums (mostly Njal val'Assante) you will not be able to send private messages unless you post 5 times. As such, you can post your email (as you have done) or post (at time of this post) two more times and send PM's with impunity.

Offline Profile