Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ohio Harvesters
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:42 pm 

Howdy,

We have a group of 5 to 6 players in Dayton Ohio. I was wondering who the Harvesters were for Ohio and if they may want to run/play games. We are willing to travel (one person may be kidnapped to play but his wife will forgive us). One of the other players besides myself would be interested in testing the waters as a GM.

Party make-up are 4 x 1.5 Certed characters, 1 x 1.6 character, 1 x 1.6 secondary character.

~Weiblich

~Gno'meer
Nol Dappen Priestly Sword Saint of War

~ Moses (Real name, for trues)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Ohio Harvesters
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:17 pm 

I am the only Harvester at the moment. I'm working to try and get another to help service Cincinnati/Dayton area as well, since I'm in Columbus. That said, Eric Hughes is on the board and is actively running games in Cincinnati and sometimes Dayton. If you wish, there is a Central Ohio Arcanis FB Page that I announce events in Columbus and others are welcome to use for events in other areas. Feel free to sign up for that as well and welcome!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArcanisOhio/

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:01 pm 

Thanks John!

~Gno'meer

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:08 pm 

As another alternative I've been running a fairly regular weeknight Arcanis game. We're just about wrapped with the early mods that aren't 1.5 compatible. If you're interested in having one of you play online and then run for the others, that could work too. You can find out more information about upcoming mods in the Online Play section. It's improved a lot over the years.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:17 pm 

Paul
Good point. I wasn't aware you were running in-person games. Thanks!

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:00 pm 

Harliquinn wrote:
Good point. I wasn't aware you were running in-person games. Thanks!

Just online these days. Weekends are difficult with the kids, and weeknights too hard with drive times for most folks. Online tends to work well though.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:49 pm 

I also run events at Alter Ego Comics in Lima. We run (or try to run) at least 1 day a month. Tpically games start about 5-6pm. But, it is a crazy group and we run long.

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:32 pm 

While still new to the system and a bit leery of judging, we run or try to run an Arcanis game at our place in Darrtown (near Oxford) on Monday nights starting around 5PM. Right now we have four regular players plus me so there's room for two more. Monday nights are good for now since it's my night off and the other folk are good as well. I work weekends. I may be moving to a 7-3 shift so something on Sunday evenings might be possible. Send me a PM if your interested and we'll see what we can do. At a Sunday game we might be able to sit more players, depending on other people's availability.

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:21 pm 

Thanks everyone! I'll talk with the group. I have played most mods, and am currently running 1 game every 2 months.

They guys are behind the curve and I believe their best bet was to take the 1.5 cert and have a go at the newer mods.

We all work different schedules, but I'll see if a weekday/online game will work for them. I need to bang their head to get them on the boards and give input than go through me.

Isn't crazy a relative term? If crazy knew it was crazy, then they could be normal.

~Gno'meer

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:06 pm 

The online play has sign ups in the forums. The Tuesday night regulars are often between 4 and 6 people. If we've got enough people we'll try and break into a second table if I can find a second GM. There are some Wednesday night games going on over the summer.

In the fall the kids soccer schedule will dictate which nights my wife and I will be free to run/play.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next