Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Witch Hunter: Revelations going to be at DragonCon this year
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:39 pm 

DragonCon is not Origins or GenCon but they had 30K people last year (most were not gamers)

Any word on whether new WitchHunter might be run there?

TIA

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Witch Hunter: Revelations going to be at DragonCon this
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:24 am 

I would love to Witch Hunter at DragonCon.

Sadly it is a bit out of my range in expense and use of vacation time.

I did speak to some people from the area about bringing it there but those I spoke with were not going to be able to do so themselves this year.

If you or anyone else wishes to bring it to DragonCon I would love to work something out with you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:07 am 

Aren't a lot of the folks who started WH Dark Providence active in the Atlanta gaming scene? DragonCon was the first place I played WH years back and pretty much all the volunteers were long time DragonCon attendees. A few of them are even acknowledged in the 1st Ed rulebook. I'd be surprised if there wasn't SOME WH presence.

Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:16 am 

As far as I know, most of those who were involved have moved on to other things. I would love to get them involved again, and if any of them are reading this want to contact me at my campaign email (witch-hunter @ Cox.net) I would be glad to hear from them.

I know P. Dennis (Waltman? - Cant remember off hand) is still interested in the game and has spoken with me a few times. He wrote some very memorable mocules in the last campaign (Swans and its sequal).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:06 pm 

CBlome wrote:
As far as I know, most of those who were involved have moved on to other things. I would love to get them involved again, and if any of them are reading this want to contact me at my campaign email (witch-hunter @ Cox.net) I would be glad to hear from them.

I know P. Dennis (Waltman? - Cant remember off hand) is still interested in the game and has spoken with me a few times. He wrote some very memorable mocules in the last campaign (Swans and its sequal).

i
that is me or is that is I? hmm - back to the Chicago Manual of Style, or not. (thanks for the compliment? memorable has so many good or bad meanings :) It is too bad work and family intervened, I had the other three related games to ambidexterous and swans in notes form))

I am eager to play the new game before, GMing or writing for it. A lot has changed, and the game reads far more deadly than before and far less forgiving - whether it is actually that, takes playing the game, and seeing how it works..

I learned my lesson last time around - writing for Witch Hunter before one plays it skews things, though to be honest most of Swans was written before anyone had formally official rules (just lots of play test versions).

The big summer cons are ones I can never make before of other obligations - so if you know of places in fall or winter that is hosting a few, I might be able to travel.

I have a some ideas involving related soft-points in peripheral locations (Isle of Man, , West Frisian Islands, Outer Hebrides, Inner Hebrides, Channel Islands etc. - I have an interesting book of history and legends for the Isle of Man, written in 1902 - and another about the little islands of England), but I don't want to put bytes to disk until I have a better sense of things (and last I heard you had all the soft points you needed for the first year plus)

(dhjika is just an online handle)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:27 am 

If folks want Witch Hunter at DragonCon in the future, just drop a e-mail to the gaming coordinator for the con. He's basically offering events that he think will sell. He offered Arcanis last year and we got next to no turnout for it. He's probably reluctant to do it again with a different PCI offering.

That said, I've played most of the WH mods to date and hope to catch up with the rest at Gen Con. I'm also going to be at Dragon*Con. If enough are interested, I can arrange to have a free slot at Dragon*Con or be available Thursday evening to run a Witch Hunter game. Assuming enough peeps are interested.

Let me know. Preferably before the Monday of the con so I can have enough time to order the adventure and prep.

Obuasi Okoru - Altherian Priest of Althares and Career Academic Student
Jacob Bartlett - Gruff Woodsman, Stalkers of the Unseen Hunt

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:18 am 

I would be interested Thursday night - I have to pick up my badge in the Mariott and gaming tickets in the Hilton .

Dennis Waltman

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:47 am 

I don't see anyone else mentioning here that they would be interested in playing Witch Hunter at Dragon Con. Dennis, unless you know of some other players, I'm going to make other Thursday night D Con plans.

Obuasi Okoru - Altherian Priest of Althares and Career Academic Student
Jacob Bartlett - Gruff Woodsman, Stalkers of the Unseen Hunt

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:33 am 

IanQuentin wrote:
I don't see anyone else mentioning here that they would be interested in playing Witch Hunter at Dragon Con. Dennis, unless you know of some other players, I'm going to make other Thursday night D Con plans.

Understood

Thank you for offering - I am going to need to travel to someplace for a weekend of Witch Hunter (and then look to running some games locally - or maybe back to writing if they need it.

Offline Profile