Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ArcaniCon Repost
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:30 am 

Who: Hopefully you. Definitely me.
What: ArcaniCon 2014 (AKA ArcaniCon 2: Electric Bugaloo, ArcaniCon 2: This Time We'll Do Better, ArcaniCon the II, or ArcaniCon Redux).
When: March 7th-March 9th, 2014 (with additional gaming and socializing on March 6th and the evening of March 9th for those who want to make a longer trip of it)
Where: Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport (8400 Merriman Rd., Romulus, MI 48174)
How: Through the magic of Disney. Or perhaps fevered delusions.
Why: Because Arcanis is an amazing world to play in, the community is a fantastic one, and because you really don't want to miss this event.
Cost: $20 per person, in cash, payable at the door (to cover our expenses in running the convention)

A couple more details: Due to space constraints, we will be maxing out at 100 players. For this reason it is extremely important that you register for the event in advance, and why we are going to provide a couple weeks to spread the word before registration goes up.

Registration will be linked and go live at 6pm Eastern Standard Time on October 6th, 2013. Spread the word and let people know. Every player needs to sign up individually; unlike last year where we were guessing blindly at the numbers until the last minute, we want to have a much more organized time of it this year.

As to whether you should go... Well, the Emerald Society is having some problems locating the Auxunite Fortress their backers were most interested in. The map they had is, to put it delicately, somewhat difficult to read (to be more specific, as one of Altherian scholars declaimed in frustration, "It looks like a Savonan spilled wine all over a parchment, then left it under a rock for a century, whereupon it was discovered by Singarthan trolls who drew their own scrawls all over it, before it was finally brought to us by an urchin who found it exploring a cave in the Corlathian mountains. We'll never figure this damn thing out!").

However, the map to the Vault of Larissa's Lament is very clear. Exceptionally so. And many interested parties are inquiring of various scholars of myth and legend what precisely might be in this Vault. The Emerald Society intends to breach it and find out. Will you be there when they do?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: ArcaniCon Repost
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:34 pm 

Appreciated, Mr. Elliott. It was on my list of things to do as soon as I got home tonight, but you beat me to it. :)

That said, in the last 24 hours, my scheming for this event has gotten much better (or worse depending on your perspective). It's going to be a LOT of fun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:24 pm 

This still going live today?

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:08 pm 

Live and just posted! Sorry for the 8 minute delay; I was starving after getting home from work *wry grin*

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:30 am 

So for planning/travel purposes, is there a schedule of event slots, starting Friday and ending Sunday?

I ask as the hotel only has the group rate for F and Sa nights, not Th so I'm trying to determine if we can get there in time F morn or if we need to come in Th evening.

Thanks,
Rick Brill
aka Decios Canius val'Dellenov - spear merchant

and
~ Sestia Gracchi, of Grand Coryan

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:53 am 

You actually should be able to get the group rate for Thursday as well.

"Can I book nights before and/or after these dates?

This hotel has indicated it will honor the group rate for 1 night before the event and 1 night after the event given there is availability. Any nights before or after that range may vary in price and availability."

As far as schedule, we're still figuring that out (this Delve interactive is going to be a long, complicated, hopefully really fun one) and as soon as we know I'll post it up here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:59 am 

I just made a reservation and they did not honor the convention rate for Th night.

Just an fyi.....

Thanks,
Rick

and

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:11 am 

Are there room discounts at the hotel? is there a code for that?

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:15 am 

http://arcanicon2014.hotelplanner.com

We got a really good deal from them; if I remember correctly, it's about $40-$50 off their regular room rate.

Rick, if you want the extended rate for Thursday actually give them a call (1-734-729-8400). They had originally honoured only a couple Thursday extensions, but we talked them into giving us a few more so give them a call back and you should be able to get them to change that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:05 pm 

I shall call tomorrow. Thanks!

- Rick

and

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2  Next