Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Halfling like race?
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:40 pm 

Thanks for the responses guys. While I think the midget flaw is probably the best fit in the current system I'm glad I brought up halflings as the Sansho have proven to be an interesting side trail to go down. That seems very interesting, along with the thoughts of the Eastern continent.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:01 pm 

In response to the query on the Mod that takes you to the possible original continent of man This is what I can remember

It was a Mod where a ssethrogorian gate was found. the val'inares / Ansharans could activate it but the "Event Horizon" was a angry red colour

Anyone that was not ssethric suffered wracking pain as they passed through

Led to a primitive village where the locals had adverse reaction (hatred) to val'abebi's who they seem to suggest were run out of the area millennium before

This is all based on old memories, I am thinking it was one of the Semar series? (second part of Battle of Semar BI maybe?)

Melbourne - Australia

Marco val'Sheem - Master Sword Sage
Gwe - Berokene Sailor & KNight of the 12 Oaks
Henrique Gatti- Dark-kin Archeologist

Tos'Koreth - Disciple of Jeggal Sag
Vuran - Tultipet Body Guard

The Axeman (LRC)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:47 pm 

Hello Dean,

Ah, ok - That was "A Wrong Turn at Coryan" and you didn't go to the eastern continent; you traveled to an ancient ssethregoran outpost far to the south.

As far as I know, no one has ever traveled to the far eastern (blasted) continent.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:12 pm 

Taffy wrote:
In response to the query on the Mod that takes you to the possible original continent of man This is what I can remember

It was a Mod where a ssethrogorian gate was found. the val'inares / Ansharans could activate it but the "Event Horizon" was a angry red colour

Anyone that was not ssethric suffered wracking pain as they passed through

Led to a primitive village where the locals had adverse reaction (hatred) to val'abebi's who they seem to suggest were run out of the area millennium before

This is all based on old memories, I am thinking it was one of the Semar series? (second part of Battle of Semar BI maybe?)

I am not sure this is "Wrong Turn At Coryan". 1) That mod didn't have a village, but a Ssethric temple. 2) It was not inhabited by anyone who would have a particular reaction to the val'Abebi (all the inhabitants were (un)dead). I think this was probably "The Secret of Semar" which when to Nyanbe.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:14 pm 

Cody,

You're right - that was my prelude to or is a mod I wrote called the Serpentine Path. That was a Year 3 adventure, I believe.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:17 pm 

From what I can find, it is LA-SP2-06 (though it may be misnumbered in the file I have it in). It occurred immediately after The Serpentine Path/The Battle of Semar, though I have not more than glanced over the actual adventure thus far (a deficiency I will shortly rectify).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:46 pm 

Maybe the module was called Secret of Semar?

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:05 am 

I have a very detailed record of the old campaign, because I played it, because I like it, and because I'm running a table through it.
The module was called The Secret of Semar SP2-07 Written by Henry Lopez. It takes place after the First Battle of Semar (SP2-06 The Serpentine Path).
You do go to the Southern Continent.
val'Abebi are not liked by the locals because they could not live with nature, they wished to control it and were banished.
There was a single dwarf-life creature that talked about his people living there for along time(leading to speculation of the missing Dwarven enclave)
Finally the module ends with startling revelations of Val ancestry.

My understanding was the author of Nyambe book wished PCI to stop using his material in the Arcanis world. So this module's story and the Nyable mini mods may not officially exist any longer in the history.

I always assumed that one of the reasons Arcanis doesn't use traditional Gnomes or Halflings was to simplify playable races by making them all medium sized.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:11 pm 

Hello,

The Vault wrote:
My understanding was the author of Nyambe book wished PCI to stop using his material in the Arcanis world. So this module's story and the Nyable mini mods may not officially exist any longer in the history.

Not exactly...

We had an arrangement with Atlas to showcase the Nyambe material and make it available for use in the Arcanis campaign. When they stopped publishing Nyambe, they're agreement ended with the author and ours, in turn, did as well. We were subsequently unable to communicate with the author (all emails wet unanswered), so we had to drop that crossover.

Given that, it is unfortunate that The Secret of Semar is no longer part of canon.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:23 pm 

Hopefully the story can be updated (and likely more than a little retconned) to preserve the essence of the story and the implications to the universe while removing the most obvious references to non-licensed material!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2