Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Notebook Reference Labels
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:37 pm 

File this under weird projects that either everyone will love or no one will care.

I've been keeping notebooks on various RPGs that I've run for decades. Lately, I've been using composition notebooks. These usually have areas on the inside covers for things like class schedule and basic conversions. This got me thinking wouldn't it be cool to have actual game reference tools in the inside covers – tables and odds and ends that you are always looking up anyway that might be helpful while scribbling notes and brainstorming adventure session ideas.

So that's what I did. Two pages, designed to be printed on full page label paper. One page includes skill summaries, suggested difficulty, and the same protracted index I used on the bookmark I design. The second page lists all the threat prices, powers, (villainous) talents, and (villainous) sorcery. No descriptions, just lists.

Is anyone interesting seeing this? Would it be useful to anyone other than myself? The dimensions are pretty specific. Let me know.

Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Notebook Reference Labels
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:42 pm 

If they are in public location like Dropbox, put a link and I'll add it to the community content :)

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:45 pm 

WH2 Notebook Reference

These reference sheets are intended for quick reference in any WH GM's notebook or sketchbook. When you are scribbling down notes for your next session, its nice to not have to crack the book. They are designed to be printed on Full Sheet shipping labels, trimmed and pasted on the inside of the front and back cover. They are sized for composition notebooks (7.5 width x 9.75 height). It can easily be resized for different sized notebooks.

I've also posted a link in the Community Generated Content thread.

Enjoy,
Tom

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:31 pm 

Added

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:58 am 

Considering a revision of the first page. Thinking about dropping the index and difficulty table, squeezing the skill summary and abilities to fit on the same column, and reducing the footprint of the competency table by half (at least). This should free up most of a column.

What I would add should be lists of personality traits for allies and villains. But that still leaves me plenty of room. Does anyone have any suggestions for the rest of the space? What sort of info would be helpful for folks? I'm thinking more inspiration that hard rules, but I'm open to suggestions. GMs and SCenario writers, I'm really interested in hearing your thoughts on this one.

Right now the plan is to keep both alternates in the same file.

Tom

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:36 pm 

**UPDATE**

After some consideration, I've posted an update of the Notebook Reference labels. While having all the rules stuff is cool in play, its not nearly as much help when you are brainstorming. So I've added an alternate label that includes things like NPC personality traits, Villainous Motives and Objectives, Interesting Locales, and Plot Twists. These have been collected from a variety of resources and I don't claim to be the author of any of it.

I've left both of the original labels in place, so you can choose which one is more helpful to you.

Enjoy!

Tom

Offline Profile