Last visit was: It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 12:40 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: "Carnival of Swords" conversion, anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:13 am 

Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:00 am
Posts: 15
Location: Germany
I've decided to use the old adventure "Carnival of Swords" as my first GM stab at Arcanis. However, this scenario was written for D20, meaning I have some conversion ahead of me. Not impossible, but quite some work for an Arcanis noob.

So in case that someone already has gone through this and has converted (part or all) of the game mechanics (in particular: NPCs) to the new Arcanis rules, I'd appreciate any help I can get!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Carnival of Swords" conversion, anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:11 am 

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:08 am
Posts: 1264
Hello,

Thank you for picking up Carnival of Swords and I hope you enjoy it.

We are planning on going through all of our old D20 adventures and soucce books and convert them to the new Arcanis system, however we haven't gotten to CoS yet.

It is on our list though I don't think it will be available in time for your game. Sorry.

_________________
Best,

Henry Lopez
President
PCI


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Carnival of Swords" conversion, anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:57 am 

Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:00 am
Posts: 15
Location: Germany
PCIHenry wrote:
Thank you for picking up Carnival of Swords and I hope you enjoy it.


I do - it's exactly "my kind of adventure" with the sort of mix of action, roleplay, riddles and background that I enjoy most. In fact, I liked it so much that I promised to run it on a German RPG convention in May. :)

That you plan on converting the old adventures to the new rules is great, of course. I'm looking forward to this. But in the meantime, maybe there's a GM somewhere out there who has already had a look at this, and has some NPC stats or similar lying around... ;)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Carnival of Swords" conversion, anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 975
Location: Miami Florida
Weltengeist wrote:
I've decided to use the old adventure "Carnival of Swords" as my first GM stab at Arcanis. However, this scenario was written for D20, meaning I have some conversion ahead of me. Not impossible, but quite some work for an Arcanis noob.

So in case that someone already has gone through this and has converted (part or all) of the game mechanics (in particular: NPCs) to the new Arcanis rules, I'd appreciate any help I can get!


this is what I would suggest

if you have bestiary and the core book you can pull it off in short order...

what you want to do is re-skin as much as you can, get something "close" and rework the stats a little, also you can look at our campaign adventures (Legends of Arcanis) for additional stats which may work for you.

for special powers simply create special attacks (rules in bestiary) to recreate the effect... no need to create new spells or talents

hope this helps...

CoS will take the players some time to complete, you can maneuver the first game to have very little combat giving you time to get the stats you need

_________________
Pedro Barrenechea
Stat Monkey
Minor Deity of Typos

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Carnival of Swords" conversion, anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:49 pm 

Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:00 am
Posts: 15
Location: Germany
PCI_StatMonkey wrote:
also you can look at our campaign adventures (Legends of Arcanis) for additional stats which may work for you.


This is exactly my plan if all else fails... ;)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Carnival of Swords" conversion, anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:57 am 

Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:01 am
Posts: 83
And there is also the option of just 'winging it' and having the NPCs have skills, powers and damages that you feel are appropriate at the time.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Carnival of Swords" conversion, anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:40 am 

Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:00 am
Posts: 15
Location: Germany
mininin wrote:
And there is also the option of just 'winging it' and having the NPCs have skills, powers and damages that you feel are appropriate at the time.


True enough, but that works better if you're already familiar with the system, not trying to run your first adventure for the new rules. Currently, I'm browsing through the Legend of Arcanis adventures, stealing and "repainting" as much as I can. Especially for human adversaries, that works well enough.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Carnival of Swords" conversion, anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:41 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 975
Location: Miami Florida
Weltengeist wrote:
mininin wrote:
And there is also the option of just 'winging it' and having the NPCs have skills, powers and damages that you feel are appropriate at the time.


True enough, but that works better if you're already familiar with the system, not trying to run your first adventure for the new rules. Currently, I'm browsing through the Legend of Arcanis adventures, stealing and "repainting" as much as I can. Especially for human adversaries, that works well enough.


So, how did it go?

_________________
Pedro Barrenechea
Stat Monkey
Minor Deity of Typos

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Carnival of Swords" conversion, anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:52 pm 

Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:00 am
Posts: 15
Location: Germany
PCI_StatMonkey wrote:
So, how did it go?


You mean in play? I don't know yet - the game session will be in May :D


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Carnival of Swords" conversion, anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:05 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 975
Location: Miami Florida
Weltengeist wrote:
PCI_StatMonkey wrote:
So, how did it go?


You mean in play? I don't know yet - the game session will be in May :D


Oh?

Hummm send me a privet message when you have a chance with your email

_________________
Pedro Barrenechea
Stat Monkey
Minor Deity of Typos

Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net & kodeki