Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: How to adjust Arcanis stats correctly...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:31 pm 

Harliquinn wrote:
My biggest challenge as a GM is figuring out all the right numbers for common-use spells and weapon abilities. Some stat blocks have them, some don't and figuring it out on the fly isn't really feasible. I usually just take a best guess and go with it. I suppose I could spend an hour or two figuring it all out for all the bad guys but when they are only there to live for about 5 minutes that's not always a good use of time.
A quick suggestion that works for about 50% of the stat blocks... If the bad guy's basic attack has a speed of 5 or more, then don't worry about his recovery. The speed of making an advanced maneuver is the speed of the slowest maneuver. The recovery is almost never 6 or more. So I treat it in a binary fashion in this instance. The creature is either under recovery or he isn't. A single basic attack will wipe away the strain. No calculations needed. It's nice and quick.

Now, if the basic attack speed is 3 or 4, then this method breaks down. But in a lot of cases, this can help.

Scott

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:32 pm 

MaurLysander wrote:
Placeholder so I might get notified to follow this thread.

FYI... There's a "subscribe topic" link at the top of each page of a particular thread. So you don't need to actually post a message.

:)
Scott

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:32 am 
val Holryn wrote:
For me biggest issue is difference between an optimized party or not. Two of us locally play Nierite tanks and we pack 4 smite heretics and a murderous precision just between us. These kinds of characters count for more in a fight than a face or a knowledge monkey.

The arms race is ever a concern.
Hopefully a candle stays lit for those of us with Slow armor and a Code of Honor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2