Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Aeorin's Hound
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:14 am 

As some people know from the Original Codex over 40 years ago Milandir suffered a plague called the Infant's Sleep that killed many children. I was widely assumed (and ultimately proven) to have been brought to their lands by the Cancereese (and it was later discovered in the last campaign that it indeed had been brought by a group of Cancereese Nerothians called Blight Bearers).

Milandir invaded. Kielmun was overrun and purged of undead. The Milandesian host seemed unbeatable under the leadership of Aeorin val'Holryn, Knight of the Phoenix, and eldest son of Duke Victor of Tralia. At the gates of Ventaka Aeorin disappeared without a trace from his tent (later we learned out of character that a group of religious assassins known as the Sarishian Knives had snuck in and killed him).

But I have a question. As a knight of the Phoenix Aeorin should have been reborn as his hound immolated. What happened to the dog? Was it already dead and gone? Or was it killed too? Or like the case of Simon is it back in the Ducal Castle waiting its masters return? ... suggesting Aeorin was never killed?

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Aeorin's Hound
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:35 am 

Hello Eric,

Good question, although I have no idea where that Sarishan Knife story got started.

Aeorin's Hound disappeared along with its master. As to whether we'll eer discover what happened to him, it remains to be seen.

I wil say this: When you find Walker Grey, you'll have found Aeorin val'Holryn.

As for Simon, I can report that his hound is still alive and well, although getting a bit long in the tooth, in Castle Tralia. Simon, of course, remains missing.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:45 pm 

:x Gah. As I have NO idea who this Walker Grey guy is this is a terrible terrible tease Henry. Or a terrible terrible cocktail made from Johnny Walker and Grey Goose. Yeah, yeah, I know: you don't drink. :D Blah! Anyone out there who this guy is?

<commits to my characters asking in bars & otherwise looking under various rocks>

As for Aeorin...

I believe the Theocracy of Canceri Book says it was the Sarishian Knives that got Aeorin in its section on "Unholy Champions" (in the section that has the Sarishian Knives write up). If I recall correctly they hid in plain sight to bypass his sentries and abduct him from his tent. But now you have me scurrying back to the stacks to see if I have just made an assumption on reading it, or am otherwise misremembered something.

Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Last edited by val Holryn on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:40 pm 

Hello Eric,

val Holryn wrote:
I believe the Theocracy of Canceri Book says it was the Sarishian Knives that got Aeorin in its section on "Unholy Champions" (in the section that has the Sarishian Knives write up). If I recall correctly they hid in plain sight to bypass his sentries and abduct him from his tent. But now you have me scurrying back to the stacks to see if I have just made an assumption on reading it, or am otherwise misremembered something.

Sarishans from Canceri??

You're taking the word of Sarishans, known opportunists that probably jumped on the chance of promoting their rep by taking credit for such a remarkable kill?

I guess the lesson has not yet been learned. :-)

Seriously though, that's just propaganda.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:59 pm 

Of course, the Sarishans would be canny enough to have actually done the deed, and then spread word that they did it so everyone believes that it was propaganda and disbelieve it. The Sarishans keep the party line of the truth, and that is the best defence that they have because nobody would believe it! ;)

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:03 am 

PCIHenry wrote:
...snip...You're taking the word of Sarishans ...snip... I guess the lesson has not yet been learned. :-)

What? Why is everyone looking at me? C'mon that's just shameful (SHAMEFUL) stereotyping. Right? Right???

Offline Profile