Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Myrantian gods
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:19 pm 

Greetings,

I'm looking to set up a home campaign and am looking for some basic information on the Myrantian gods such as Mahemumnun and Tzizhet. Can anyone point me to basic write ups either in print products or old mods?

Thanks.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Myrantian gods
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:14 pm 

The 5E Disciples of Heresy Kickstarter bonus has a complete write up on the previous and current worship of entities from the Fractured Depths by the Myrantians. Emphasis is on Tzizhet, but its kin and Mahememnûn appear prominently as well.

It's pretty amazing, and probably my favorite non-PoM write up that we've seen. The adventure there brings back old favorites, too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:53 am 

quondamvindex wrote:
The 5E Disciples of Heresy Kickstarter bonus has a complete write up on the previous and current worship of entities from the Fractured Depths by the Myrantians. Emphasis is on Tzizhet, but its kin and Mahememnûn appear prominently as well.

Not a huge amount of other outside information. Old Coryan and Carnival of Swords has a little ... so do some of the old modules. But not a whole lot. The Fractured Depths sounds a lot like the plane of aThe forgotten from old 3.0 magic book.

The key thing is (I think) that the Gods worshipped in Abessios were largely chosen by the outcast Necromancers who got kicked out of the “True” Myrantian Empire on the Southern Continent. So they ended up with Patrons that reflect their outcast “crazy wizards” and cultists vibe. We know Tzihet was also worshipped in ancient days at least because of the adventures that involve the devoured of cities. But it’s not really know just how prevalent it’s Temple was in the core of the Myrantian Empire. I’d guess it was major but perhaps in a more sanitized form by the civic authorities.

The other major deities we know about are:

Shu, usually depicted as a buff guy holding up the sky with peacock feathers in his hat. But also a patron of wizards. In Coryan they called him an amalgam of Hurricane and Sarish. But probably the version where it is a weird crystalline entity and Archon of the 5th direction (3 of space, one of time and one of....???). To my thinking this sort of puts Shu in a category like Yog-Sothoth.

Mose, (Moze,,,sp?) usually depicted as the analogue of Larissa. In an old Old Coryan module “her” priests summoned aberration servitors. She is the only known Myrantian deity known to show expressions of fear. Which makes me think she’s seen signs of the end times coming.

Mahememnun. Formerly a great General or Phaeron. Now ascended as a Demi god attached to Tzihet’s “Herald”...the Mother Church associates him with Neroth. Heresy now depicts him as something WAY beyond and twisted from what we think of as human.

I think that’s all that is “official.”

Anything from Cthulhu tales or cosmic horror would also fit very well if you wanted a wider Myrantian Pantheon. The Black Goat as a vile version of a Fertility deity (no doubt the Mother Church sees Saulwe ...). The King in Yellow as a twisted “muse” of inspiration (the anti-Altheres) The Unspeakable One as a rival to Tizehet, even less knowable to humanity but also source of insanity inducing arcane secrets...

Hope that helps!

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:25 am 

Interesting to hear about other pantheons that existed in this world. Are they from the old world where man original hail from?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:44 am 

Thanks for the responses. Not much "official" but that's not inherently a bad thing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:11 pm 

Hat wrote:
Thanks for the responses. Not much "official" but that's not inherently a bad thing.

The information in the Disciples of Heresy is official and covers the history of Tzizhet's part in the Myrantian Pantheon.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:05 am 

I haven't seen Disciples of Heresy yet. Has it been released, or is it pending?

aka Rurik - Nol Dappan War Priest (Divine 2.3)
aka Karthik - Tultipetan Stonemason (Expert 1.4)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:12 pm 

PCIHenry wrote:
Hat wrote:

The information in the Disciples of Heresy is official and covers the history of Tzizhet's part in the Myrantian Pantheon.

Hi Henry. Agreed. I've read through it and it looks good.

Offline Profile