Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Elorii questions
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:53 pm 

I haven't seen the answer to these, but I apologize if I am asking repeat questions that have been answered deeper in the archives.

When Elorii are re-born, do they stay the same race? Or do they change? Or something in-between where they tend towards one race but are sometimes different.

Same question for gender.

Thanks, Ryan Wendling

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Elorii questions
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:47 pm 

Nothing official here but I think I remember reading that the soul is reborn as the same sub-type

I am also remembering that at a certain age they leave parents and get "adopted" into a clan based on what type they are (kelekene, etc)

I think it was in the old 3.5 codex.

Also there was something in the Rindel Tir? mod, where all the elorii were Berokene and the souls were redirected from the Omuar for the elorii that lived there to a local repository to be reborn and to ensure only Berokene were born to its residents.

But all this is based on my (often faulty) memory, so I would wait for confirmation my Henry or co.

Melbourne - Australia

Marco val'Sheem - Master Sword Sage
Gwe - Berokene Sailor & KNight of the 12 Oaks
Henrique Gatti- Dark-kin Archeologist

Tos'Koreth - Disciple of Jeggal Sag
Vuran - Tultipet Body Guard

The Axeman (LRC)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:09 pm 

There are corners of eloran rebirth process that remain murky to us as players and characters so I take all answers with a grain of salt except for direct pontification from Henry.

But I think these answers are at least fairly clear, and a "no." We have NEVER seen or heard about an eloran NPC who has flipped genders or elements in the rebirth cycle. Your elori "soul" seems to be fixed with a single element (and gender).

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:11 pm 

For that matter elorii souls tend to stay the same from enclave to enclave. So Malfelens strongly tend to be reborn only in Malfelea for example.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:36 am 

Henry has stated that an eloran soul is always the same subrace. Please note that a female elorii can give birth to an elorii of any subrace. I do not know about gender, but lore wise I do not know of any elorii changing gender.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:48 am 

Deviknyte wrote:
Please note that a female elorii can give birth to an elorii of any subrace.

As far as we know, the bloodkines of the parents is not directly connected to the bloodkine of their child.

We have seen that there appears to be an Orumar connection to the birth of an eloran child. The official party line of the Elorii (at least to other races) is that there is a single Orumar ("soul-spring") at the intersection of the four Elemental Planes.

At Raven Tindal, there was a secret local Orumar that contained the local souls. The original settlers of Raven Tindal were all Berokene (water elorii). Thus, all the deaths and all the births there were of Berokene. Their local Orumar, however, was ever so subltly corrupted by Entropy, which leeched off just a touch of their energy at every death-rebirth and marginally affected their souls.

Since we learned about Raven Tindal's Orumar, I've hypothesized that each major eloran nation (Elonbe, Seremas, Malfia) has its own Orumar. By my theory, when an elorii dies, the soul goes to the nearest Orumar. When an elorii is born, its soul comes from the nearest Orumar. Thus, each eloran nation has over time come to be reinforced with souls being reborn there and little cross-over between them.

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:51 am 

To follow up my own post, here's a thought question:

Suppose that in a case like Raven Tindal, an elorii of a different (not Berokene) bloodkine were to die near the Raven Tindal Orumar. Does that mean their Orumar would contain a new bloodkine's soul, and now a future eloran would be born of this different bloodkine? Could purists consider that their Orumar would now be corrupt?

[Ravan Tindal's Orumar seemed special in that it could also capture other non-eloran souls, but that opens up a different can of worms....]

[Spoilers omitted on purpose, but many players will be able to think through the exact situation I'm considering.]

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:01 pm 

Are all Orumor corrupted? Just that in Raven Tindal the replicative fading was more prominate because the life expectancy down there was so much higher that on the surface?

Second, it was hinted within that mod that non-berokene Elorri souls were born there, but do to perhaps some kind of flesh crafting the non-berokene souls inhabited berokene bodies.

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile