Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Another group of dwarves?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:18 pm 

Noticed this obscure passage:
Blessed Lands pg.182 wrote:
and even once with a large group of nomadic dwarves carrying a
pulsing red gem,

The only time reference is 'generations' after the Curse of Illiir, but I am not aware of any dwarves relocating through that area (only two heartstones have been moved and I don't believe this would be either of them).

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Another group of dwarves?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:02 pm 

Good eye.

Remember, there is one dwarven enclave unaccounted for...the dwaves of Corrett Palas.

Could you have found an obscure reference to their movements?

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:49 pm 

IC: Naw. I am sure that is just a random rumor intended upon scaring gnomish children at night. Just like all those stories of Yamandragore and the thieves that steal children from their mothers. I mean where is the proof?

Luminous

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:13 pm 

Southernskies wrote:
(only two heartstones have been moved and I don't believe this would be either of them)

I never thought that the Dwarven Enclaves we were aware of were located at their original positions.
I assumed after playing A Host Divided Against Itself (Year 6 Hard Point 5) that all the Enclaves moved to their locations after being Cursed by Illiir because their giant sized homes were not able to accommodate them. Thus leaving abandoned giant cities for other giants to live in and places like Giant's Home.
But when I looked at the Codex Arcanis and reread the Dwarf section. It says that after the Dragon War the Celestial Giants many of their cities were destroyed so they moved south and the 8 Enclaves spread themselves out among the lands of Man to better protect humans.

After the Curse took effect we are only aware of 4 times a Heartstone was moved.
1. Deneki- from unknown to The Isle of Tears
2. Tultipet- from unknown to Aqtau Mountains (Codex Arcanis pg 167)
3. Corett Palas- from unknown to unknown
4. Tir Betoq-from Lhauzyr Mountains to the Former God's Wall in 1029

But the Codex also mentions "It was also discovered early on that if the Enclave had to move from their original location, the Heartstone gem could be removed from its place in the chest of the statue and taken to a new city." Codex Arcanis pg 163. So it's possible the other enclaves moved as well.

Besides this passage talking about Solanis Mor and Encali there is nothing to say the other Enclaves stayed where they were. "In fact, in the early days of the Curse, both Enclaves worked closely together, building an elaborate tunnel system throughout the mountain range connecting the two." Codex Arcanis pg 166
Even with this passage the two Enclaves could have picked a new home, discovered they had neighbors and banded together against the common enemies of trolls and goblins.

All in all, I hope you did find a passage that leads to Corett Palas.

Offline Profile