Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Need help on making the Old New again.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:02 am 

We have a nice group playing here in Calgary where 1/3 of the Players are Judges. So it is nice to rotate people.
(Sadly at least 2 of the Judges have it in for my pigs, the amount of bacon jokes I get is substantial.)
We also get some new people joining us starting at 1.1 while most of us are 1.8 ish
As a group we have worked hard to get players up high enough to finish the first arc, with some GMs taking the initiative and recording what modules our Mains have played. Sadly this has meant some of us are on our 4th character playing module a 4th time.

The problem is to get the new players up to speed we have to play the older arcs. Trying to drum up the interest in these older modules to the older players can be difficult as they all they become an extra in a story they all know too well.
Anyone have suggestion in making it fresh for those older players.

My Original thought was…
Intermix some home play with a module extending the playing session from 3 or 4 hours to a 6 to 7 gam session. This way 50% of the content will be new and the old content will remain the same, Possibly weaning the a mid level story arc in there.
Characters would be awarded the experience for the live Arcanis portion, and no experience for the Homebrew portion. Loot, etc. would be limited to the Arcanis module (I would split fate points though, between the home and live sections just to allow the use and gain and use of extra Fate points for the whole game. But keep it in balance with the other Live Arcanis being run. IN the Debriefing with the players mention to them what areas where the Living arcanis Portion and what items were the home brew adventure
For example Not My daughter
Adding a side quest delving further in to the cause of the demonic Coyotes, What made them that was. Possibly tying it in the side effects of the amour falling off of the Reavers and how this has a negative effect of the environment. The Horse that was being eaten had saddle bags and in one of the saddle bags places a note of some research found about this effect and points to a den of thieves researching this effect. How the appearance of the Reavers stole their chance to ambush the caravan that was attacked.
Second thought was to intertwine some the Early 5 year arc as the home brew portion

What is your opinion on this and do you have any alternative suggestion to freshen things up.

Offline Profile