Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Home Game val'Vasik
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:22 pm 

Hello all!

Am gearing up to run a home Arcanis game. My players and myself are not the con going types, and while I have many fond memories from the old 3.X Arcanis living game from my college days, playing in a living game just isn't something I can swing anymore. But to the point.

I have a player in my home game that is interested in playing a val'Vasik. In my google search to see if they were in one of the Arcanis books I do not yet own, I came across the kickstarter from back in Jan, which just made me wish I had heard about this new edition before just a few weeks ago.

What am wondering is if the rules for val'Vasik will be available to the non-living game crowd at any point or if I should just steer my player towards another option?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Home Game val'Vasik
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:39 pm 

I should note that the previous story arc (A1: Crusade!) has revealed quite a few. . . telling things about the val'Vasik and Bastion, and the val'Vasik sheet has provided substantially more. From a universe perspective, there are only a few dozen of them left TOTAL, and their home of Bastion has been destroyed.

As for if they will ever be released. . . I doubt that they will in anything resembling the near future. If they are, it will probably be in a revamp of Legacy of Damnation, and since we're still waiting on Ssethregore and Canceri to come out first it will probably be a few years (if ever) before we see that.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:52 pm 

Good to know the only knowledge am drawing on is the stuff that has been printed in the main rule book/the codex of heroes, am not super considered about what is happening in the living game. But I understand that it does have some effect on the nature of release overall, as the support for the setting always seemed a bit more living game focused over home game.

Thanks for the quick response.

Also I just saw your PM that info is very helpful, I will past that bit of information down the line to my player. She is really into the idea of the in battled val family stuck in a land over run with demons, so any glimmer of hope will more than likely mean she will run with it

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:15 pm 

Also since I cannot answer you via PM

Any additional info about the val'Vasik that would are allowed to share would be awesome. As I just talked to said player and the idea of being one of the last of a people just made her want to play one more.

If you aren't allowed to share rules info for whatever reason that is perfectly understandable, I can always just find there old rules and work to convert them my main worry with that is if they Heritage powers, as those weren't really a thing in the old edition. Granted am not even sure if the minor bloodlines would have Heritage powers so it may be a moot point.

Anyway thanks again for the help :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:13 pm 

Hello,

Welcome to Arcanis and I hope you and your group enjoy playing in the world of Shattered Empires.

The reason Cody (and others, I hope) are reluctant to make such rules available is that people purchased that information and it wouldn't be fair to release that until after a certain period of time elapsed and we (PCI) made it available to he general public.

As Cody mentioned, much back info can be gleaned from the Crusade! adventures.

And let us know how your game is going, from time to time - I'm sure we'd all enjoy hearing about it!

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:49 pm 

That makes prefect sense, and while my player was really into the idea of the val'Vasik, the nice thing about the setting is there are lots and lots of cool options. And she is already diving back into the character idea well.

So far my players have just made characters (expect the person that wanted to play a val'Vasik)

The party as of right now is as follows:
Arcane Archetype, Val' Mehan, Coryani, Sorcerer-Priest of Sarish
Arcane Archetype, Val' Virdan, Coryani, Former Legionnaire
Expert Archetype, Tor Betoqi Dwarf, Apprentice of the Masters
Martial Archetype, Dark-Kin, Milandir, Former Thief
And one TBA

It should be fun as outside of myself none of my players have set foot in Arcanis before, they are all in the process of reading through the old Codex Arcanis and so far everyone is really looking forward to the start of the game. And I would be happy to share all the wild shenanigans they get up to from week to week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:08 pm 

What time period/area are you planning on running them through?

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:37 pm 

I was planning on starting things after the events talked about in the opening section of the Codex of Heroes. I was planning on dealing with Calmemnon and the Legion of Heaven's Blade at some point and I have always wanted to play with the Prophecy of Ardelia and with my tendency to run very epic games who knows where we will end up.

Last edited by Ghosthammer54 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:49 pm 

Sounds very, very interesting!

Please keep us posted. I know I would love to hear about our campaign and I'm sure others would as well.

Enjoy!

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile