Last visit was: It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ARPG stats for "Temptations of the Flesh"
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:11 am 

I've converted the game stats from "Temptations of the Flesh" Part One for ARPG. The original adventure was for D&D 3rd edition as part of Living Arcanis d20 Year One, but I've converted the game stats for Part One for the ARPG.

If anyone (individual or PCI) would like a copy of these stats, I'd be happy to share. Just private message me. Note that I'll give you a copy of only the game stats, and you still need to get a copy of the adventure, such as from PCI's Year of Ill Harvest paperback collection of Year One adventures. "Temptations" is a role-playing heavy adventure with some really good scenes. I modified the final encounter to incorporate some concepts from Part Two since my home campaign will not go through the whole second part.

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: ARPG stats for "Temptations of the Flesh"
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:20 am 

I’ve just discovered this story arc and I’m excited to tell it’s story. If you still have the conversion notes lying around I’d be grateful if you could send me a copy. I wasn’t sure how you would handle the hobgoblins as there aren’t any in either bestiary and I didn’t know if they were a thing in ARG Arcanis.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: ARPG stats for "Temptations of the Flesh"
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:53 pm 

Traffic on these forums are almost dead. I check in maybe once a month. Must have just missed your post last time through.

Hobgoblins are no longer a thing in Arcanis and should generally be replaced with Gar. I honestly don't feel like the gar are likely to have something like Fleshripper though. So I recommend replacing them with human poachers or highwaymen. Or maybe hyennamen if you want to stay non-human.

If you don't have it yet you'll probably want the ARG Bestiary 1 since the rules for building foes & appropriate encounters from scratch is in it.

There are Arcanis groups in FB and Discord that get a lot more traffic than this site. I don't do FB so the recommendation is pretty easy for me. Try: https://discord.gg/2NBFe6uC

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile