Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Survivors guide in the living game
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:59 pm 

I wanted to start a thread for questions and concerns about integration of the new material in the Survivors Guide into the living game.

1. The most obvious would be how to handle Demi-god,with such variance and GM involvement in an archetype.
2. Which method of the Z virus is in play for the living game? I assume we'll follow the guidelines laid out for Paradigm City but just to make sure there is no conflict over it, or if it is better to keep it simple and apply the Omni version of it.
3. Is the optional horror rule being used. Maybe for the optional bystander each character can have.

I'm sure we will all come up with more, but at least wanted to start the conversation and get people thinking.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Survivors guide in the living game
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:03 pm 

Hello,

Please keep in mind that unlike Arcanis or Witch Hunter, Rotted Capes is designed to be a tool box, rather than a setting. All options, like Demi-Gods, the Supernaural, etc are modular and can be used or ignored as the Editor-in-Chief wishes for their campaign.

I'm interested to see what options are adopted for the Living Rotted Capes camapign.

I hope those who backed the KS and now have the PDF of the Survivor's Guide enjoyed it.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am 

Taffy is out of contact for a few days, so don't expect any quick answers.

I have to wait for it to hit the online store. :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:08 pm 

Hi Guys

I am back in contact.

I have downloaded the guide and working through it now.

I have not had much of a chance to consume it yet. I will post here with thoughts as soon as I have some.

Dean

Melbourne - Australia

Marco val'Sheem - Master Sword Sage
Gwe - Berokene Sailor & KNight of the 12 Oaks
Henrique Gatti- Dark-kin Archeologist

Tos'Koreth - Disciple of Jeggal Sag
Vuran - Tultipet Body Guard

The Axeman (LRC)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:07 pm 

Another item I just thought about. The living game uses max potential rule. How does that interact with powers that do not have primary attributes? I just realized there are a couple that don't have any associated attributes to limit them. In the theme of keeping it gritty I'd think those should at least be limited to the character's highest attribute, but that is just my 2 AP on the matter.

Edit:
I figured I should probably add my thoughts on the other questions I posed.
Demigod: I'd like to see it allowed as a staple of classic comics. I'm thinking limit them to 6 powers, this is half the average number of powers of the other archetypes. Also add the restriction that all energy powers must have the same thematic energy type.

Z-virus: I'm on board for omniviral. I think it keeps things balanced and simple. While a more complicated system could be interesting, for party composition it could also lead to some characters having an advantage in the most common scenario of threat of being Z'ed.

Horror: I'd lean away from it applying to heroes, because it isn't fun to not be allowed to participate. If we are dealing with bystanders in a scenario where it could happen then whatever pushes the story should happen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:31 pm 

archangel wrote:
Another item I just thought about. The living game uses max potential rule. How does that interact with powers that do not have primary attributes? I just realized there are a couple that don't have any associated attributes to limit them.

Curious, which powers are these? The only one that comes off the top of my head is Shrink, but that should have a Primary Attribute of Vigor (just like Growth). I could have sworn Pedro covered this a while back ...

Echo
B-lister, Super Human, Brawler
"Bringing the noise!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:48 am 

The issue was fixed before the final version. All Powers now have an Attribute.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:24 pm 

Thanks for the note on that. I'll check my email for the updated copy. I have probably been working from the initial backers copy and never downloaded my updated version.

Offline Profile