Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Into the Blessed Land
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:29 am 

So your average PC walks 30 feet a round (or 60 with dash). In the module, there are two environmental hazards back to back.

The first one 2d6 (7) damage a round and 100 feet to escape. There is a Dex save for half, which most PCs will have a 30% chance of making. So the PCs can make it out, with maybe 7 points of damage if they run. :shock:

The second one 2d6 (7) damage a round and 300 feet to escape. Same Dex save. So 4-5 rounds to make it out depending on their initiative. So 28-35 points of damage to a level 4 character - DEAD!!!! :o :o

Heck, how about a 1st level tagging along? Sorry about your luck dude.

I think that the damage and the Save DC are too high for the level of the players. I think we will have several TPKS or character deaths.

I know that there are a couple of solutions, turtle shields (if they all have them), horses go faster, but your average PC on foot is going to die.

Thoughts? :ugeek:

Lucas

P.S. Who is the old friend in the blurb? :?: 5E players probably didn't play Crusade.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Into the Blessed Land
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:45 am 

Since I didn't hear from anyone, I just ran it at 1d6 Damage and a DC 10 Dex save. Also the shack was 150 feet away instead of 300. The 1st level character made it, barely. And everyone agreed that as written it is a killer.

Lucas

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Into the Blessed Land
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:55 am 

Paldaris wrote:
Since I didn't hear from anyone, I just ran it at 1d6 Damage and a DC 10 Dex save. Also the shack was 150 feet away instead of 300. The 1st level character made it, barely. And everyone agreed that as written it is a killer.

Lucas

My apologies for the lack of a timely response Lucas, but your adjustments are totally warranted. We will update the mod in question.

Kailandos, Keeper of the Word and Soldier of Retribution

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey