Last visit was: It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Reward Levels on Wednesday, 1-15-14 @9pm EST
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:34 pm 

deviknyte wrote:
I wish there was was an official KS app.

There is for iOS.

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:35 pm 

lbxzero wrote:
I may be able to make changes through my phone, which is Android based. The problem is I do have pride in my work to not sneak off to the break room where cell phone reception is reliable outside of break time to adjust my backer level.

It sucks that I won't be able to respond until 11:15pm, but that is life. I will make do with what I have. Maybe I will go ahead and pledge the amount I am willing to put into this effort.

I wouldn't think a 5 minute break would be looked down upon if you took a little less for lunch but no idea who you work for.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:37 pm 

I believe I have a plan, but I have to check were the cell phone reception is. Otherwise, I will be late to the party. I already bumped my pledge to what I am willing to offer for this event.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:35 pm 

Hello,

This evening I'll be adding three new Special Reward Levels. As the space to describe these levels are not sufficient to explain what they entail, I've fleshed them out a little bit below.

Enjoy!

Chosen by Fate – Some time after the events of the Coryani Civil War ended, you were part of a small group that was invited to join an Emerald Society expedition into the ruins First City. While exploring a cluster of buildings deep in the so-called “uncleansed” section, you were suddenly attacked upon by a pack of death hounds that killed a number of workers and expedition members.

Scattered, your small group stumbled blindly into an opening, narrowly avoiding the pursuing hounds and found yourselves deep inside a mist filled labyrinth. It wasn’t long before you were hopelessly lost within the twisting tunnels, its walls etched and scribbled upon with words that made little sense to you. Disoriented and out of food and water, you eventually stepped back out into the light and in a delirium, somehow made it back to the cleared area of the First City.

After a few days of rest and nourishment, you discovered that you had emerged over forty years after your harrowing encounter. After hearing your story, a local scholar declared that you and your companions must have found the fabled Labyrinth of Time and been chosen by the Lady of Fate for some unknown reason.

Now, displaced in time and apparently tasked by the goddess Larissa for some unknown purpose, you steel yourselves for the challenges to come for it’s been your experience that those chosen by fate seldom enjoy long and happy lives.

Brood of Uhxbractit: Premium hardback edition of the Arcanis: Cradle of Empires PLUS you will receive a cert granting you permission to play one of the Black Val – one of the Brood of Uhxbractit. Also, includes free US shipping, PDF and any digital Stretch Goals unlocked via the KickStarter.

Brood of Uhxbractit - Your human mother gave you the gifts of empathy and compassion, while your father, the great Devil King Uhxbractit, gave you power, cunning and a sense of purpose. You and the rest of your small brood were raised to be princes in this fiendish expanse, where others of your father’s kind were banished and imprisoned long before you were born.

The other Infernals mocked and derided you for your “mongrel” heritage, saying that your human side made you weak and no match for them. You taught them that humans are feared and respected throughout the Mortal Realms for a reason. It was the last lesson they would ever learn.

The human cattle bred in your father’s pens for labor and “other needs” called your brethren the Black Vals, seeing you and your siblings as mirror images of humanity’s protectors and saviors. Perhaps they are right; where the Vals have the blood of the Valinor running through their veins, you have the ichors of a mighty Devil Kings in yours.

But whatever plans of leadership your father may have had for you died with him at the hands of the Milandisians and their king. Their crusade to destroy great Uhxbractit was successful and the other Demon Lords and Infernal Kings took advantage of this and have invaded the Lordship of Iron, killing and destroying those who would stood by the Devil King and plundering anything of value. Hamaimon and his slavering followers, long jealous of your father’s accomplishments, made sure that everything he held dear was destroyed. That would have included you and the few siblings that escaped thanks to the sacrifice made by your mother and a few of the other humans.

From high above the former mountains that once formed the impregnable God’s Wall, you gaze north and see the smoke rise from your former home, while south beyond the trackless Hinterlands and the barbaric Yhing-hir lies Milandir and the crusaders that destroyed your home.

But if there was anything that your father taught you, it was to be pragmatic. “There’s nothing to be gained by feeding bitter resentment within your heart; look for advantages within every setback and seek out your destiny without the chains of foolish revenge holding you back”, he would say.

And so you turn your gaze to the west, towards the fabled holy lands and the First City that your mother spoke of endlessly. Perhaps your destiny would be found there.

Besides, there would be plenty of time to raze Milandir to the ground later.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:04 pm 

Henry, they look great! Cool ideas and a fun read. One question though - you mention 3 and from what I see only detail 2 - Chosen by Fate and the Brood of Uhxbractit. Am I missing something?

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:28 pm 

The additional special table.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:33 pm 

Does the first one Chosen of Fate require a new character or can a current character retro fit?

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:47 pm 

All of these character options (except maybe the Tultipetan) seems to be a "Take the 1.5 option", so I would assume that they are new-builds (or rebuilds of 3.5 characters).

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:49 pm 

Nierite wrote:
All of these character options (except maybe the Tultipetan) seems to be a "Take the 1.5 option", so I would assume that they are new-builds (or rebuilds of 3.5 characters).

Possibly. There's nothing obvious in the Chosen that couldn't be applied to a current character. If it has to be new that's okay too just curious.

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:01 pm 

After re-reading it does appear to be more gauged for a new character.

John

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next