Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: questoin on the val'sosi
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:38 pm 

frzntundra4 wrote:
Henry you about made me choke here.

As you know a bunch of us still play with Mark Fischer, the player of Ven.

When those characters went live we did not buy them. Toni text'd a friend to tell her about the KS and that friend had the best idea, to buy them and play them as complete misfits; a stumpy leg, short tails, tiny t-rex arms, splotchy scales, etc. (multiple Flaws) then have them spend most of their time complaining about how their father had weak fertilizer, did not rotate their eggs properly, etc.

We'd sit down and ambush Mark of course. Unfortunately the characters sold very fast so we could not execute our plan. Would have been so priceless.

I still get a good laugh at that plan :-)... Reminds me of the time when myself, Matt Blank, and Sean Smith created tertiary characters, a motley 'legion of doom' who were formed as an antithesis of the val'Sosi's (or val'So-Sos as we referred to them as), each claiming to have been wrong by individual family members in the past. Obviously, all in good fun. :-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:50 pm 

Hello everyone,

Adam, I just posted a little story on the Kickstarter as an Update that gives some more insight into this Special Reward.

And by little, I mean its 1700 words in length. I said to myself - "Ok, I should be able to get this done in a few hundred words." But Nooooo... I'm a very wordy writer, it turns out. :P

I hope you enjoy it.

Here's the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/141 ... sts/711886

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:06 pm 

PCIHenry wrote:
Hello everyone,

Adam, I just posted a little story on the Kickstarter as an Update that gives some more insight into this Special Reward.

And by little, I mean its 1700 words in length. I said to myself - "Ok, I should be able to get this done in a few hundred words." But Nooooo... I'm a very wordy writer, it turns out. :P

I hope you enjoy it.

Here's the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/141 ... sts/711886

That last line in the story just curdled the cup of coffee I was sipping while reading it. Absolutely loved it! Those ssessren look like they will be a blast to play. Congrats to all in that pledge level.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:35 pm 

Awesome Story!

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:31 pm 

The term "Mind Bomb" comes to mind. Hide hatchling in a pot; apply torture when your target is nearby. Watch their heads explode.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:41 pm 

henry...i loved the story, absolutely captivating. i'm on eggshells wanting to find out what may happen to the unfortunate hatchlings that don't make it our into the world due to the deformities...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:13 pm 

Yeah yeah the hatchlings are cool in a gross sort of way...

Am I the only one captivated to hear that the val'Holryn have a mentagi?!? A special psionic rock that holds the implanted memories of the clan?

The rediscovery of the val'Emman mentagi (in the old campaign mod Sibling Rivalry) allowed Belloc "val'Virdan" to confirm and identify the val'Emman family in the last campaign.

Does the val'Holryn Mentagi reveal the story of their origin?!? And if so who knows about it? And if not, why not?

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:19 pm 

I'm sure all the 'established' Val families have a Mentagi. After all, they ARE the major clans. Not sure about the Haupt (though it is possible), and I doubt it for the minor groups such as the Sosi and Vasik, but any Val Clan dating back to the First Imperium likely has one.

I was interested to know what punishment the val'Holryn guy was going to receive for making use of the magical rock. . .

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:27 pm 

Nierite wrote:
I'm sure all the 'established' Val families have a Mentagi. After all, they ARE the major clans. Not sure about the Haupt (though it is possible), and I doubt it for the minor groups such as the Sosi and Vasik, but any Val Clan dating back to the First Imperium likely has one.

I was interested to know what punishment the val'Holryn guy was going to receive for making use of the magical rock. . .

I would assume the val'Haupt have a mentagi. They've been around forever. Unless they have somehow lost theirs too along the long road of centuries passing. I doubt the val Sosi do because its not clear to me anyone in the current age knows how to make one (or if the val'Sosi have a psion capable of crafting one). I assume the val'Vasik didn't need one because their immortal patron/progenitor lived among them.

My point is that the val'Holryn Mentagi should have a record of their origin. Where do the val'Holryn come from??? If I understand what a Mentagi is correctly ... it has that knowledge.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Last edited by val Holryn on Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:29 pm 

So. . . are the Mentagi all direct crystaline connections directly to Henry's brain?

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2