Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Second Printing?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:03 am 

Are there any plans to do a second printing of the core rulebook to include the errata? I know I'd buy a copy.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Second Printing?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:35 pm 

Hello,

Hard Eight wrote:
Are there any plans to do a second printing of the core rulebook to include the errata? I know I'd buy a copy.

There aren't any plans at the moment, though if and when we do a second printing, all errata and a few other things we've learned will be included.

The problem is that the book came out just a few years ago and it wasn't a cheap product.

However, here's an idea - what would you and others think of a 2nd edition that stripped out the first chapter and then condensed everything into a smaller digest sized book?

This isn't a promise, but just a thought that occurred to me.

Thoughts and comments everyone?

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:04 pm 

If we are going to lose something, that would be the thing to cut. This is doubly true if you have the updated Codex forthcoming.

That being said, even though I am quite familiar with the setting I still find myself referencing the Codex Arcanis in that book, especially for names and whatnot. This can be made up for with a Campaign guide (or buying a cheap older copy of the PGTA), but there is still the risk of something being lost.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:42 pm 

Henry,

I love the idea of a 2nd edition. I know there are things that you wanted to fix or change that would make it even better as a ruleset and as Cody mentions, having the setting information in a revised Codex would be great as well. I'd certainly buy it.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:22 am 

The compressed revised compressed rule book would be grand

Though having access to the first chapter information would be a value. Have it as either a PDF download or a CD included in the cover.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:26 am 

I didn't say second edition, because to me a new edition means a change to the system. Personally, I think the system is great as it stands. I was just thinking it would be nice to have all the errata/rewording included in the text for ease of reference.

I guess I'd need a little more clarification on what would change to make it a new edition.

Nierite wrote:
If we are going to lose something, that would be the thing to cut. This is doubly true if you have the updated Codex forthcoming.

That being said, even though I am quite familiar with the setting I still find myself referencing the Codex Arcanis in that book, especially for names and whatnot. This can be made up for with a Campaign guide (or buying a cheap older copy of the PGTA), but there is still the risk of something being lost.

I'll agree with that. That section is particularly expendable if a 2nd edition/printing happens in either in conjunction with or after the updated Codex Arcanis.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but if you print it, I'll buy it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:52 am 

You could also go the route of creating a players book or the little red book from paranoia and strip the book of almost everything fluffy so that it is pretty much just the rules and nothing else (no bestiary section for example)

Offline Profile