Last visit was: It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Arcanis: Cradle of Empires KickStarter is now LIVE!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:40 am 

wilcoxon wrote:
Why the very limited number of $125+ pledge levels? Tonight was my wife's birthday so this is the first chance I have to look and every single special cert pledge level is already gone. That's not a good way to encourage people to pledge enough to reach the stretch goals. I very likely would have gone for a val'Sosi (or possibly Agamassi Ss'sressen) but have no interest in a Tultipetan Dwarf (and don't know anything about val'Vasik).

I would suggest adding more of each of the $125+ and possibly other cert pledge levels.

They obviously based the rewards on how they did the Witchhunter KS. (5 of 5, 4 of 4, etc)....those rewards drew great interest, but (iirc) they took a week or so to sell out and some kept opening and closing as people changed their pledges. I don't thing PCI ever expected these to go as fast as they did.

I hope they add more options, both of special characters and current character rewards. But, I hope they do not just add more of what is currently there. Having a limited number of something is what makes it special and I think this response to the KS has shown that people certainly want the unique and special in Arcanis. Let them keep it to 4 Ss'ressen Val'Sosi...but add in something like 5 Kio Skyknights with a Griffon mount or something like that. or Blessed Lands specific characters...like a "pacified" Voei Former Slave...

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:45 am 

lol the 12 days of arcanis? Bard! please write this song, (I saced you from cancerii you kniw)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:48 am 

mighty28 wrote:
They obviously based the rewards on how they did the Witchhunter KS. (5 of 5, 4 of 4, etc)....those rewards drew great interest, but (iirc) they took a week or so to sell out and some kept opening and closing as people changed their pledges. I don't thing PCI ever expected these to go as fast as they did.

I hope they add more options, both of special characters and current character rewards. But, I hope they do not just add more of what is currently there. Having a limited number of something is what makes it special and I think this response to the KS has shown that people certainly want the unique and special in Arcanis. Let them keep it to 4 Ss'ressen Val'Sosi...but add in something like 5 Kio Skyknights with a Griffon mount or something like that. or Blessed Lands specific characters...like a "pacified" Voei Former Slave...

I'd like to see them add more of all the options that are already there plus other new options. Considering how fast these sold out, I'd suggest adding 2-3x as many as there were already. I'd be surprised if anyone is overly concerned with actually being (near) unique - they just want some of the options that haven't previously been available in the campaign. It would be interesting to see (to me anyway) if anyone that pledged for a special cert would drop their pledge if PCI made them an unlimited Kickstarter exclusive.

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:55 am 

deviknyte wrote:
SamhainIA wrote:
hatchlings of venn vall sosi, $200 level

Hope all of BEAST that wanted one got one.

I'm pretty sure none of us got one...

Also, considering there were people that bought 2-3 of the unique pledge levels (I'm NOT saying you shouldn't have), I think it would be good to expand several of the existing unique options. I can say for a fact that I am the only member of BEAST that knows this thing went live right now and ALL of the awesome ss'ressen options are gone.

Personally, I'd like to see BEAST become even further legitimatized by PCI - maybe through a pledge level specifically for the BEAST members.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:23 am 

My sympathies to people who didn't find out in time. There was very very little lead time. I also had no idea it was going live and by chance came on about 20 minutes after it started. Already many options had sold out. Luckily for me the business option was still open ... which is what I wanted most anyway out of the options (though the thought of playing one of Calcestus' "little girls" would certainly be interested. Do you play that PC with the biggest snarkiest chip on your shoulder that you can imagine? Or are you trying to escape from your heritage?).

I hope that PCI will be both pleased and surprised by the outpouring. Though given that Arcanis is their "flagship world" perhaps we should expect a really big response.

I suspect PCI will look at the response and try to add more options for people.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:47 am 

I hope and believe that they will add at least *new* pledge levels for unique characters. Personally I don't mind if a few more businesses open up. Some of them would be problematic to have additional ones (like the heirs to things, etc.).

However, there would seem to be a lot of other items they could offer of comparable quality.

I don't think Kickstarter rules would allow the creation of a pledge level that is restricted to certain members, though. I'm curious on how the special characters will work: Can you retro fit your current character (if appropriate) or must a new character be created with input from PCI.

I went for the business as I particularly enjoy my current character and this is something he would do! I'm definitely looking forward to see how the Kickstarter shapes up.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:21 am 

mighty28 wrote:
Hat wrote:
I'm in for a business. The seat at the table would have been nice, but more than I can afford. May add a val'Vasik. Is there information in any of the books on them? Might be nice to put out some at least basic information on the bloodline here on the forums as an enticement for people to add it.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

The original Val'Vasik write up are in Legacy of Damnation.

Just a note. This Kickstarter is determining the surviving val'Vasik population.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:45 am 

PCI Eric wrote:
mighty28 wrote:
Hat wrote:
I'm in for a business. The seat at the table would have been nice, but more than I can afford. May add a val'Vasik. Is there information in any of the books on them? Might be nice to put out some at least basic information on the bloodline here on the forums as an enticement for people to add it.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

The original Val'Vasik write up are in Legacy of Damnation.

Just a note. This Kickstarter is determining the surviving val'Vasik population.

For those of us without access to Legacy of Damnation, could someone post the original val'Vasik writeup?

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:47 am 

So for the people that missed the initial offering, what would please you the most to see getting offered in a (possible) next round of offerings?

and in the mean time have you all put in for one of the lower tiers? the centurion or the general?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:49 am 

The original val'Vasik were written up as Vals of Sarishan heritage. As such, the BL powers of the Vasik in Legacy of Damnation will have no (real) similarity to what they NOW have now that Xabal was outed as an Illiirite ex-Valinor. We get all new stuff, but based on the stats from the BI they were in, they gain a power pretty similar to a 3.5 Flamestrike.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 48  Next