Last visit was: It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Arcanis: Cradle of Empires KickStarter is now LIVE!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:40 pm 

Elyse val'Tensen wrote:
I think that you should really branch out from just putting up new character options, instead offering some things that can be added to existing characters.

My wife has good ideas (at times). I want to support this one.

Since many of us are already down the path pretty far would be nice to add some cool story/role-playing things to those characters.

and
~ Sestia Gracchi, of Grand Coryan

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:44 pm 

frzntundra4 wrote:
Elyse val'Tensen wrote:
I think that you should really branch out from just putting up new character options, instead offering some things that can be added to existing characters.

My wife has good ideas (at times). I want to support this one.

Since many of us are already down the path pretty far would be nice to add some cool story/role-playing things to those characters.

yeah the business idea was fabulous and the one I went for!

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:49 pm 

I like a lot of ideas so far, though wanted to comment on a few.

For the ul I was thinking maybe a single family or maybe 2 if there could be enough information provided for them rather than fleshing them out fully. Maybe it's even a minor family limited mostly to the Blessed Lands / First City area. If there'd be too much cultural information required, then I agree it's too much. The same applies with the val'Sungha, though that would be cool.

I'm not in favor of the minor artifact suggestion as that feels like spending money for mechanical advantage. With the other options so far while they open up new opportunities or combinations (combining psionics and ss'ressen for example) they're available separately. Even something like Ashen Hide is likely balanced against other available races.

I like Tori's suggestion for official canon NPC status for a character, potentially even a former character. I'm toying with the idea of having one of my characters from the last campaign own the business in the first city or perhaps his child and in so doing make the previous character canon.

Many of us that play, play because of the story far more than the mechanics. That's always been Arcanis' strength. Tori's suggestion for the tailored "hidden" reward also sounds intriguing. Very likely a double edged sword, but fun nonetheless. :)

Another idea I had was for Henry to put up certain answers or information as target goals. He would provide the list or a list to be voted on and then once those are achieved decide how to provide it. Consider for example him telling us that X from the Codex is false. That certainly opens up a lot of questions of what is truth, but would be very interesting to know. Ygg = Anshar is confirmed, what about Belisarda though?

Lots of possibilities.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:08 pm 

Hello everyone,

I will be the first to admit, that I seriously underestimated your support, generosity and enthusiasm for the Arcanis KS.

Mea culpa.

But this is something I'm looking to rectify in the next day or so. I also like Toni's idea about rewarding existing characters, so here's a couple of ideas I have so far:

1. For elorii characters - their experience in playing HP 4: Visions of Lives Past (and if they haven't they really should) has awakened an ancient memory within them. They realize they are the incarnation of a former "Named" elorii. Those choosing this reward will work will me to design their "Name", such as XX the Avenger, XX of the Pious, etc. They will also receive a specially tailored Talent (that must be purchased at their next Rank) that compliments that title.

2. For Ss'ressen, I see a reward level that grants the patron access to a unique Path similar to the Warriors of the Eternal Flame, but for the Flame Dragon.

3. Also for Ss'ressen (though this is an add on) is purchasing a ssethric mount (the Sc'math). This mount will never be available as a normal mod reward (there are other mounts we can give if necessary).

4. The special table was a big hit and I've been asked (threatened) to make more tables. I'm considering opening another table.

This is what I have so far.

Thoughts?

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:41 pm 

Dark kin life redemption quests, some to mind as possible Path advancement choices

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:02 pm 

PCIHenry wrote:
This is what I have so far.

Thoughts?

I think it's a good start, though expect you may want to add more as many of those will get bought quickly. It's nice to see an Elorii option. There seem to be a lot of ss'ressen specific options, so if you add other new options past the ones you proposed you might want to expand it to other races or nations as well.

With a sweep of his...

Hat

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:10 pm 

You already have 1,2,3,4,5, you may want to try 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 as daily releases until people dont seem to have a lot of interest in special options.

Those are fantastic options, and Elorii and B.E.A.S.T. would probably be really happy with them

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:30 pm 

I'd be interested to see some Dark-kin options around life quests or bloodlines and maybe even a Gnome option (Something interesting from the Max storyline). With racial specials, I think it's important to represent as many of the races as possible.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:12 pm 

PCIHenry wrote:
Hello everyone,

4. The special table was a big hit and I've been asked (threatened) to make more tables. I'm considering opening another table.

Thoughts?

I like the general idea of (more) special tables. I think many others do, too.

These have to be a fair bit of work, so a notion that struck me is, would there be a chance to have more tables by spreading the burden around some possible?

Can there be tables written/run by the rest of Team Paradigm, or some of the campaign staff? I think both Tony and Joe have pretty extensive experience writing, etc....

Though _obviously_ these seats would not get the same top-dollar as if Henry was running the event... *grin* I bet they'd still have significant popularity.

Alternate thought/option - have a 6 person table be X dollars, where one person makes the pledge then gathers their pals to fill out the table. Or a group that plays together could request a specific mission.

and
~ Sestia Gracchi, of Grand Coryan

Last edited by frzntundra4 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:14 pm 

Hello Rick,

I'm not as inclined to do that as I really do want to make this adventure special. The more I add, the more generic it has to be.

I'll think about it, though. Thank you for your suggestion.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 48  Next