Last visit was: It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Arcanis: Cradle of Empires KickStarter is now LIVE!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:17 pm 

No worries, Henry, I'm just tossing out ideas to see if anything sticks.

Part of my thought was to maybe have other unique opportunities/adventures, possibly run by other trusted peeps, so that you can concentrate on the book and other core creative endeavors.

and
~ Sestia Gracchi, of Grand Coryan

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:19 pm 

Hello,

Alright - Please spread the word about this as I want as many people as possible to see this so no one will complain later.

I will be adding new Reward Levels on Friday night, 9pm EST.

These will include:

1. At least one additional table for the exclusive adventure. (or many another exclusive adventure - I haven't decided).

2 - Something exclusive for Ss'ressen

3. - Something exclusive for elorii.

4. Anything else I can think of between now and then.

I'll also be adding a couple of cool Add-ons, but since these are not exclusive, I'll put those up as soon as I get a chance.

Sorry about all the exclusives blowing out so quickly. I really hadn't anticipated such a response. Let's see if this balances the scales for those who missed out.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:22 pm 

Nierite wrote:
The problem with tangible items is that there is the risk of game breaking (ie: giving someone an EXTRA heirloom or virtual talents or waiving entry requirements, etc) for money because you start to get into the 'pay to win' mindset. If people are going to do specific things like this, they should be in-mod rewards (ie: "You are adopted into the Gracchi family, and are now can take the "Adopted by Patricians" path to gain entry in specific things. . . )

There are many easy ways to limit any rules abuses. In the Heirloom case, put on a stipulation that the character cannot also take Heirloom as part of their creation/build, so they can only have it one time.

I really like the idea of being 'adopted' by a family like the Gracchi's, or being a 'favored son/daughter/agent' of this family/group, etc.
Brings some great role-playing opportunities into play.

and
~ Sestia Gracchi, of Grand Coryan

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:24 pm 

I think what Rick was suggesting is have all of "Team Paradigm" (James, Eric, Pedro, etc all the way down to Tony and Joe) write up their own adventures on their own subjects, and then have them run special tables.

For example:

Henry leads his people into the Depths of the First City, James leads a group into the Canyon of Zhu, etc.

Could open up interesting ideas, though then we come down to 1) Who is willing to participate, and 2) How many of these 'special tables' to make, and 3) Pricing them (ie: are they all $300/seat levels, or the further away from Henry the lower the price?).

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:29 pm 

Hello Cody,

Nierite wrote:
3) Pricing them (ie: are they all $300/seat levels, or the further away from Henry the lower the price?).

And this is why I don't want to do this.

All those listed are as good as I am at designing an adventure and running it. I don't want to go down this slippery and uncomfortable slope.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:34 pm 

frzntundra4 wrote:
Alternate thought/option - have a 6 person table be X dollars, where one person makes the pledge then gathers their pals to fill out the table. Or a group that plays together could request a specific mission.

I like this idea. The package can also include 6 copies of the hard cover book, 1 for each player at the table. Obviously, each player would chip in to the one person doing the pledge and they all have the assurance that they are playing/enjoying the adventure with friends.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:14 pm 

People are pretty clever in their suggestions, I will say and these are a great start! Awesomesauce.

The only thing I would be careful of is only having something specific for the Elorii and Ss'ressen races. While those players can be vocal, I think doing so would limit the draw and pledges. Basically, spread the love. (Not that I'm saying you would, I'm just going off of your current list!)

Additionally, I also like the idea of someone being able to purchase a whole table's worth of tickets for a special event, if you went that route.

And you never know, this next batch of special rewards could get a large response too, so you might want to think about getting a round 3 ready. It IS only the 2nd day!

Elyse val'Tensen, Royal Marine of Milandir and Knight Protector of Tanin 3.1
and
Ryzxeien 1.6

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:19 pm 

I have a feeling we will make the initial goal sometime tonight, and probably make the first stretch goal tomorrow.

I dont know if we will keep up this pace ( with a bit of a hiatus for the holidays) but man i sure hope so

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:22 pm 

Hello Toni,

Thank you for your suggestions and comments.

Don't worry -that was only a few ideas I came up with between meetings about Risk Ratings and Internal Audit questions. I'll make sure I spread the love around as best I can.

In fact, I just checked with Matt Flinn on the viability of a certain creature being eligible as a bonded companion (something unique to the Blessed Lands) and he (being the person who converted the entire Ssethregore manuscript to the new Arcanis rules gave me the thumbs up. I think its something that anyone can get and it would be kind of neat.

Anyway, I have until Friday night to come up with some more stuff, so the gears are in motion! :-)

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:28 pm 

PCIHenry wrote:
Hello Toni,

Thank you for your suggestions and comments.

Don't worry -that was only a few ideas I came up with between meetings about Risk Ratings and Internal Audit questions. I'll make sure I spread the love around as best I can.

In fact, I just checked with Matt Flinn on the viability of a certain creature being eligible as a bonded companion (something unique to the Blessed Lands) and he (being the person who converted the entire Ssethregore manuscript to the new Arcanis rules gave me the thumbs up. I think its something that anyone can get and it would be kind of neat.

Anyway, I have until Friday night to come up with some more stuff, so the gears are in motion! :-)

I'm not worried, that's why I'm a pain. I'm also very excited for you guys. You are already at $7,061 of your $8,000. That's great.

I'll also let you know that I haven't ever pledged for a kickstarter before, so you get the honor of being first.

And, while you work out your ideas, I want you to keep the Muwhahaha's down to a minimum, alright? ;)

Elyse val'Tensen, Royal Marine of Milandir and Knight Protector of Tanin 3.1
and
Ryzxeien 1.6

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 48  Next