Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kio Book
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:16 pm 

Now that the Kio book has been released in pdf form, I wanted to make sure everyone is aware of something. All of the House Tesstra related material (background, weapon, fighting style, etc) is NOT available to PCs. Unlike the Sseth book, we did not feel there was enough material to warrant a separate "Codex of Threats" section. We will be updating the Campaign Guide to reflect this, but wanted to make sure everyone was clear from the get-go.

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Kio Book
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:47 pm 

Just started poking through, but so looking forward to building a new Kio. Even if I set aside the Mountain, not sure I want to set aside Vincens to make play time. Decisions, decisions. Too many character ideas, not enough play time. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:49 pm 

For reference:

val'Sungha qualify as Elder Sorcerer's Apprentice (ba) as they can be Elder Casters (basically, replace "Elorii" and "Elorii Nations" with "val'Sungha" and "League of Princes").

Kio who are trained in the Arcanum may take the Sanctorum Mage (ba) to represent their past training in the Arcanum as that background does not require you to be a MEMBER of the Sanctorum of the Arcane Secret Society (despite the name) as a mechanical requirement.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:12 pm 

Wow, for a second there I thought I had missed a 5e book.

It might be best to specify which system the book is for first in the topic.

Thanks
Matthew
(this post is under Arcanis Products which dosnt define which mechanics it is using)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:58 pm 

So, odd cultural / mechanical question - The Iron Guard gain an enhanced ability to use the Matter Shift spell. What would be the Kio view of using it on an heirloom Kio blade or on a glaive to turn it into a Kio sword? It's a temporary thing, not a permanent change. Playing around with a character concept, and trying to figure out how the spell plays in.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 pm 

Hat wrote:
So, odd cultural / mechanical question - The Iron Guard gain an enhanced ability to use the Matter Shift spell. What would be the Kio view of using it on an heirloom Kio blade or on a glaive to turn it into a Kio sword? It's a temporary thing, not a permanent change. Playing around with a character concept, and trying to figure out how the spell plays in.

Turning something else into a Kio sword should be no big deal in most cases. There are three kinds/levels of blades. Trying to pass of a counterfeit “legendary” or “heirloom” blade would probably be a giant no no. Just making a Kio sword to fight with seems (to me) like business as usual.

Turning and heirloom blade into something else seems a lot more suspicious to me. That sword might be more important to the Kio than your PC. You don’t idly play around or fiddle with something like that. Still if changing it made it possible for you to take some kind of honorable action then maybe it would be approved...maybe you change it into a shield to stop an assassins arrow from hitting a family elder. But still my suspicion is that in most st circumstances you wouldn’t matter shift your heirloom blade.

No one official. Just my 2 cents.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile