Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Arcanis: Forged In Magic, Reforged - Spell Lists?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:59 pm 

"Secret Spells: Secret spells may only be learned by the listed religions, bloodlines, or organizations."

Where is this list? Shouldn't there be a list for each spellcaster? For D&D 5e, each spellcasters has a list of spells they are able to cast/learn.

Help?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Arcanis: Forged In Magic, Reforged - Spell Lists?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:01 am 

I haven't looked yet, but it's probably listed individually spell by spell. Maybe not the easiest organization....but there aren't THAT many spells in Reforged.

In ARPG lifewardens & deathbringers (Holy Champions of Neroth) each have a single spell that gets added to their spell list. The Val Holryn knightly order of the Phoenix has two spells ... sort of the equivalent of one for divine casters and one for arcane casters. There might be another I am not remembering off the top of my head but most Temples and casters don't have them.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:17 pm 

Yep, the idea is to list with each spell who has access to it as a secret spell.

Kailandos, Keeper of the Word and Soldier of Retribution

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:40 am 

I have a similar question. Who are the non-secret spells for? Are they divine spells for clerics or holy champions etc, arcane spells for Sorcerers etc, or can everyone take all of them (except for the secret spells.) While each spell that is secret does list who can have it, there is no spell list for the spell casting classes.
It seems really weird to not have the spell list.
I can't imagine the intent was to give everyone access to Return to they Rest, Shadow Step, Nier's Blade, Smith's Hammer, or Thunderous Strike. None of these are secret but they do seems like they were created with specific deity worship or Val families in mind.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:11 pm 

The Vault wrote:
I have a similar question. Who are the non-secret spells for? Are they divine spells for clerics or holy champions etc, arcane spells for Sorcerers etc, or can everyone take all of them (except for the secret spells.) While each spell that is secret does list who can have it, there is no spell list for the spell casting classes.
It seems really weird to not have the spell list.
I can't imagine the intent was to give everyone access to Return to they Rest, Shadow Step, Nier's Blade, Smith's Hammer, or Thunderous Strike. None of these are secret but they do seems like they were created with specific deity worship or Val families in mind.

We weren't quite able to get a spell list in there, mainly because we put FiM together before putting the 5e Player's Guide together and nailing down some concepts. What we can probably do is either add FiM spells to the spell lists in the 5e Arcanis book, or we can put out a free download of spell lists for the FiM spells.

We could also make a spell list for the FiM spells that uses 5e Arcanis classes and one that uses 5e core SRD classes. FiM was definitely our initial foray into 5e, so we can try to support that as well.

Kailandos, Keeper of the Word and Soldier of Retribution

Offline Profile