Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Arcanis 5E Announcement
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:50 pm 

I am in full support of the addition of a D&D 5e track! It will be a great way to expand the player base and offer a new way of engaging with the world of Arcanis. Besides running adventures and such, how can I assist with the Arcanis 5e project? Do you need editors? I would be happy to convert small chunks of things or edit converted material. Let me know!

Kailandos, Keeper of the Word and Soldier of Retribution

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:13 pm 

Very random thought popped up.

In the long term, would the new 5E campaign benefit from something like the "Mini6" concept?

Explainer: Mini6 treats level 6 as 'epic'. PCs stop character levels here but can continue to buy Feats for each additional 5000xp (under 3.5/Pathfinder).

Might make long-term writing easier to set a campaign level cap now. I don't have any experience with how 5E scales up for writing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:06 am 

There's not really an equivalent system for 5e, most of your power is in your class levels. With bounded accuracy, scaling threats to a proper level really isn't as difficult as it is in other systems. Damage output is the most significant growth factor as you level up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:44 pm 

I'm very excited to see all the interest in the 5th Edition release of Arcanis and the return of the Living Arcanis campaign. Taking the the World of Shattered Empires into D&D 5th Edition will help bring in players from the d20 days and a big chunk of new players.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns or just want to talk about the 5th Edition Living Arcanis campaign, please feel free to contact me either on the forums or over email. PCI has offered me a position on the campaign staff to manage the Living Arcanis campaign and I am proud to accept and a be a part of this fantastic addition to Paradigm's offerings to its players. I will do my best to make the Living Arcanis campaign as vibrant and player-driven as the Legends of Arcanis campaign.

Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks!

Kailandos, Keeper of the Word and Soldier of Retribution

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2