Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Just Curious 2.0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:29 pm 

With the completion of the Blessed Lands book I'm super excited. I've been reading it, getting character ideas, coming to the forums to see what people are saying, re-reading it and getting more ideas.
I can't wait till my copy comes in the mail. This book had more than a few surprises for me in it.
That being said I wouldn't mind an update on where everything else is standing.

The List:

Special Character access certs (Tultipetan, val'Vasik, Sc'Math, Gift of Neroth, Chosen of Neroth, Ven Hatchling, Brood of Uhxbractit, Chosen by Fate, Daughter of Calcestus, Agamassi, and Last Pretender),
Special Item certs
Sorcerous Pacts PDF
Elorii talents have been handed out
and all special tables have been run

24 new adventures for the Legends of Arcanis Living Campaign-I assume these are the modules we have been receiving since the completion of the Kickstarter as the reward said modules would continue to be free to download

Cradle of the Empires the Blessed Lands-Done beautifully.
16 page Bestiary Added to the Source book-part of the Blessed Lands book
Businesses have been incorporated into the book, as well at the quotes.
Map of the First City has been emailed out and is part of the book as well.

Re-release of Ssethregore: In the Coils of the Serpent Empire sourcebook-new material written by Henry
The Kio -written by Henry
Bestiary II - Were the stats for all these monsters able to be completed while the 16 page bestiary stats were being done?

I wonder if the Bestary II and Ssethregore books are the next things to expect. As the Kio book is probably the least completed of the 3.
I would assume after finally getting the Blessed Lands book out Henry would want to take a bit of break from writing before jumping back into the next book. So I'm not rushing but I am asking about them.

Map of Arcanis - How is Sean MacDonald doing? Last we saw it in November it looked like a great aerial view showing the Known Lands, the Unsealed Lands, and the lands north west, west, and south west of the Blessed Lands.

Land Grant - This reward I haven't heard anything about in very long time.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Just Curious 2.0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:45 pm 

Hello,

I have some real-life job issues to focus on for the next few weeks, but once March rolls around, my plans are to multi-task and get the Ssethregore book out for Origins as well as woek on the two Hard Points and the BI for Origins. Somewhere in the middle of that, I'll finalize the Land Grants.

Once that's done, I'll work on the Kio book and the Bestiary, though in what order, I'm not sure.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:35 am 

Ssethregore book out for Origins....does the happy dance! Thanks Henry!

By the way in terms of long range wish list/plans are there any intentions to put out a product to aid GMs who might want to do a home campaign? In other words the "Chronicler's" guide referred to in the Core rulebook. Just wondering. Not to mention that any product that helps aid us GMs in running a better game is always welcome. I'm not holding your feet to the fire on this just curious as to what you would like to do in the way of future products. And many thanks for all the hard work you and the campaign staff have put into this thing. :D

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:01 am 

Thank you, Michael.

I really hadn't considered a Chronicler's Guide in quite a while. Given that some on the forums (my real only indication of what the public wants) have said that if the Living Campaign went away they would have no reason to continue playing Arcanis, I didn't see a reason for it.

As to what's after the Kio/Bestiary II books, I'm waiting for the outcome of a few things before I can finalize my plans.

I have a long list of things I want to do for Arcanis. For example (and in no particular order) the first five off the top of my head:

1. Convert the original Coryani Civil War story arc to ARG

2. Convert all the original D20 sourcebooks to ARG

3. Lost City of Mattawb and the Temple of the Monkey God adventure

4. The Keys of Man adventure series

5. Expand the Codex Geographica

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:36 am 

Thanks Henry. It's a shame people aren't willing to give it a chance. While I can't match you as a storyteller I think I could run a decent home game if I had the people to do it. Converting the D20 sourcebooks would be pretty cool, I know I would buy them. There's great source material in them, and some new ARG crunch I sure would sell copies. Given the track record on mega-adventures I'm not sure how well the Coryani Civil War arc would sell but I'm sure there are people new to the campaign who would like to experience it. The other stuff on your list is all good. :D I mean who doesn't like monkeys? ;) Maybe one of the Keys of Man is hidden in the Lost City? A Codex on the Coryani Empire would be nice, I for one would love to seem some detail on some of the areas and cities of the Empire. Same for other areas.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this Henry.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:51 am 

PCIHenry wrote:
I really hadn't considered a Chronicler's Guide in quite a while. Given that some on the forums (my real only indication of what the public wants) have said that if the Living Campaign went away they would have no reason to continue playing Arcanis, I didn't see a reason for it.

That's too bad. I'd like to see a Chronicler's Guide. Our local group just switched from me running Living Campaign to another (ex-player) running a home game and me playing. I'm really more of a player at heart and like modules when I'm GMing but I love playing in non-living-campaign games (they tend to allow you to get much deeper into the world and really interact and develop characters).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:18 pm 

Henry's right. There was not a lot of support on the board for home games. Also "dungeon master's guides" and "monster manuals" never sell as well as player books. The nice thing when Arcanis was 3.5 was that they didn't have to deal with that, it was WOTC's problem. Now they have to worry about it. I wonder if it would be possible to do a smaller cheaper product to cover this need but again there are the costs involved. I'd rather PCI not shoot themselves in the foot over this. Maybe the 5th edition stuff (if it bears fruit) can inject some cash flow. We'll see.

Me I'm looking forward to seeing the "race" books as it were. I got a Sc'Math that needs a rider. :) And a dark-kin legionnaire with thirsty blades. :) And an Ardakene healer.... :) You get the idea.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:20 pm 

Haakon_val'Ishi wrote:
Me I'm looking forward to seeing the "race" books as it were. I got a Sc'Math that needs a rider. :) And a dark-kin legionnaire with thirsty blades. :) And an Ardakene healer.... :) You get the idea.

So many stereotypes! Why not an Ardakene legionnaire with thirsty blades on a Sc'Math? It would be an interesting character, that's for sure ;)

aka Rurik - Nol Dappan War Priest (Divine 2.3)
aka Karthik - Tultipetan Stonemason (Expert 1.4)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:43 pm 

Haakon_val'Ishi wrote:

Oh, I'm looking forward to that as well but both of my primaries are already covered from the Kickstarter (Ss'ressen (with Sc'math) and Kio). I'm interested in race books for the others but not as much (since I'm not playing any).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:42 pm 

acurrier wrote:
Haakon_val'Ishi wrote:

So many stereotypes! Why not an Ardakene legionnaire with thirsty blades on a Sc'Math? It would be an interesting character, that's for sure ;)

Well for one the Sc'Math would EAT the Ardakene (known to the Ssethregorans as "the other white meat." Ardakene is especially prized if it's older as the meat is well-marbled. :twisted: As for the dark-kin the legions are where they can often find a place to excel...and he's the son of a 3.5 character, but get this he's not Legion of the Watchful Hunter (Cadic) but Legion of Burnished Steel (Illiirite) and a staunch follower of the head of the Pantheon.

Actually my Ss'ressen is a fan of Elorri when he can get it. Way better than Legionnaire (tastes like chicken :) , Dwarf (too tough) and gnome (way to gamey) :)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2  Next