Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Questions about Blessed Lands Book
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:41 pm 

Nierite wrote:
Chain Shirt, Chain Hauberk, Plate and Chain. Kio Hauberks are very selective type of armor only made by the Kio.

I mainly included Kio because it was lumped in the same description as Chain and Mil. Chain hauberks. So is Mil. Chain Hauberk excluded as well under the same reasoning as Kio or meant to be included in Chain Hauberk? Plate and chain is the one that really surprises me, but as I said I've been wrong before. Thanks for the answer Cody.

edit to add on Mil chain the other consideration of geography as why it isn't included.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:44 pm 

Ultimately, aside from it being a 'standard' Milandisian armor, there is nothing fundamentally 'Milandisian' about their Chain Hauberk. On the contrary for the Kio Hauberk, which is made in a similar process to a Kio Blade and is therefore 'unique' in the world. Similarly, you could in theory find a Khitani wearing a Gothic Cuirass as it is not a unique armor to Canceri, but the primary users of them are Canceri Nierites.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:54 pm 

Thanks for the clarity. I was falling into the trap of a distinction without a difference. Reading up on the Death Mongers is inspiring me to use one of them for a character using the Flos De Macto fighting style again. I've never been satisfied with any of my previous attempts to build one, but that may be the one that makes it work and stays interesting.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:22 pm 

Thanks for the answers, folks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:52 pm 

Regarding the Warrior of the Eternal Flame, one of the requirements is Unshakable Dogma (ta). When I originally looked at the path requirements, I mistakenly though I had that talent already. Upon realizing I was not granted it by Templar nor Holy Champion, I went and looked at the requirements for Unshakable Dogma:

PGTA p. 211 wrote:
Requirements: Divine (a), and one of Holy Champion (pa), Sword Sage (pa), Templar (b), or Templar Itinerant (pa).

I assume that the intent was not for Warrior of the Eternal Flame to only be accessible to Divine archetype characters.

Perhaps the requirement could be changed to Strength of Faith (ta), which is more easily accessible by all archetypes?

aka Rurik - Nol Dappan War Priest (Divine 2.3)
aka Karthik - Tultipetan Stonemason (Expert 1.4)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:25 pm 

You can also gain it through Initiate Holy Judge of Nier (ARPG pg 284), Devoted Initiate (CoH pg 120, though requiring Divine), and (in the case of some Legacy Characters from Canceri from the 3.5 days) the Theocrat background (CoH pg 53).

At this time the way a non-Divine character has to go to get into Warrior of the Eternal Flame would be Holy Champion or Anointed Priest, Initiate Holy Judge of Nier, then Warrior of the Eternal Flame. Other paths may become available at later dates.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:30 pm 

Hello,

acurrier wrote:
I assume that the intent was not for Warrior of the Eternal Flame to only be accessible to Divine archetype characters.

Yes, that is the intention.

Warriors of the Eternal Flame are zealots of Nier who risk complete immolation to show their devotion to Nier as well as gain his favor. This is best reflected by the Divine track, which shows that devotion and unshakable faith.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:02 pm 

archangel wrote:
Thanks for the clarity. I was falling into the trap of a distinction without a difference. Reading up on the Death Mongers is inspiring me to use one of them for a character using the Flos De Macto fighting style again. I've never been satisfied with any of my previous attempts to build one, but that may be the one that makes it work and stays interesting.

See, Cody?!?! (We were discussing character options and i told him I would be hard pressed to not play a Neroth-focused Deathmonger utilizing Flos de Macto)

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:50 pm 

Just to double-check, does Hedge Mage actually grant access to ASC or not? It does not appear to (which, to me, makes it a mechanically useless background (possibly good for flavor)).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:58 pm 

Can you take Anointed Weapon if you worship Anshar, Jeggal Sag, or other deity with "unarmed" as weapon of choice? Mechanically it wouldn't really do much (since you already have a hand free) but it could be interesting flavor.

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next