Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Purchasing Magic Items
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:17 pm 

If a Certed Item has a listed price, may another player purchase the item for the listed gold amount?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sigismund Jupiter val'Holryn von Tralia

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Purchasing Magic Items
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:45 pm 

Prices listed on certs are intended to provide the basis for selling the item if allowed. At least with the ARG certs, whether the cert can be traded is included as well.

If the question is whether can someone without the cert buy said item for the listed price I can strongly expect the answer is no. Arguably that should be covered in the Campaign Guide.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:25 pm 

They can purchase it from you for the list price if its tradeable (or for any other price you care to work out...). They cannot just buy magical items. (A) I happen to know that Henry hates the trope of Ye Old Magic Shop where you buy magic items -ask him about it if you ever bump into him at a convention, and (B) regulation of magic by certs is how you stop Monte Haul levels of abuse where everyone has the same min/maxed magical kit for "their build."

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:45 pm 

Right, I should clarify. I meant purchasing magic items from other players, not from a nameless NPC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sigismund Jupiter val'Holryn von Tralia

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:28 am 

vandom43 wrote:
Right, I should clarify. I meant purchasing magic items from other players, not from a nameless NPC.
As long as the cert is tradeable then you can buy/sell certs between characters for whatever terms are mutually agreeable between the players/characters. Look at the bottom of the cert. There should be really tiny print you almost need a magnifying glass to read. Rules for trading are there. Usually you put both your names & both your character names on the back along with the date. It is ::ahem:: heavily frowned on (aka banned) to sell certs for real world cash.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey