Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Val'Holryn with Val'Sungha Traits
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:20 pm 

Is this allowed in the campaign? It seems pretty fitting to me that a Val'Holryn would be unsure of which bloodline they belong to since the Val'Sungha traits are unique and some similar to other val based on house. I could see some problems with this though as would they really be considered shunned even if the Val'Holryn didn't know their true bloodline (assuming he takes a restricted class)? Or wouldn't a Val'Holryn with a Kio Sword be looked upon negatively?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Val'Holryn with Val'Sungha Traits
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:57 pm 

At present, the answer is no. val'Holryn may only take from the "13" major families presented in the 5e Arcanis core book. This rule was clarified some 3 years ago for the ARG rules (though there more in relation to the val'Vasik), and a story reason has not been given yet in a book or an adventure.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:18 pm 

In addition, the val’Holryn have no Kio blood, so they could not carry a Kio sword without exception.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:42 pm 

Lol.

Yes. As stated. Val’Holryn players at present cannot take the val’Sungha bloodline(s). Depending on the who and how of their “progenitor,” it may work out that that Val Holryn never manifest val’Sungha Powers. Based on what I know (a little) and what I guess (somewhat more) I don’t think you should hold your breath on this one.

Also as stated the Kio do not think that the val’Holryn are directly part of the “family” and would be surprised at the least to see a kio sword in their hands. If it was an heirloom kio sword I believe most kio would take offense and try to retrieve it.

All that said there is some kind of Kio/val’Holryn connection. The kio sometimes refer to the val’Holryn as their distant/little cousins (or some such) and the Val Holryn never allow kio to join the Knights of the Phoenix.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey